Windows 10: Themes Problem in windows 10

Discus and support Themes Problem in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble with the personalized themes I create not retaining the selected cursors or Icons. It will keep the correct wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stultis, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Stultis Win User

Themes Problem in windows 10

Hello, I am having trouble with the personalized themes I create not retaining the selected cursors or Icons. It will keep the correct wallpaper settings, but does not change the cursors or icons to the ones I set for the theme in question. I have been trying to rebuild my personnel themes I have had since windows 98 onto windows 10. I am going in through the personalization section under settings and selecting the backgrounds, then I change the icons, and then I change the cursors. I then click the save theme and name it. When I go back to choose a different theme from the last one I worked on which is the current theme showing It changes the background but retains the icons and cursors from the last theme I created. If I go back through the list of themes I have created and check them they all use the last created icon and cursors. I have the box clicked allowing windows to change the icons and cursors. Is there a way for me to get windows to retain the icon and cursor choices for my themes or will I need to go with a third party app for that? If so this seems like a bit of laziness on microsoft's part since they have allowed users to change and retain these settings since windows 95 just using the windows app.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Stultis

:)

Stultis, Dec 29, 2019

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Themes Problem in windows 10

Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Themes Problem in windows 10

1. Themes Problem in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Themes Problem

2. Problems while i patching themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems while i patching themes: So today im watching this clip and do step by steps https://youtu.be/NflAD47ulzk?si=hIvIp33xAM9UZwF- You guys time stamp to 6:56 i just do exactly the same as the video nothings wrong the program called 7tsp needs me to restart my pc for full install so i click it normally...
  3. contrast theme problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    contrast theme problem: i use contrast theme a lot and have the problem of when i use it , i can see on/off switches in many applications, nor am able to adjust color choices or see options choicess in different application boxes are just invisiible. I must select "none" to be able to see /select...
  4. contrast theme problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    contrast theme problem: i use contrast theme a lot and have the problem of when i use it , i can see on/off switches in many applications, nor am able to adjust color choices or see options choicess in different application boxes are just invisiible. I must select "none" to be able to see /select...
  5. Interface / Theme / problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interface / Theme / problem: How can i fix this ugly interface of windows 11 .I've an inserted an image of kindly look through it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interface-theme-problem/fe36e22a-6264-42dd-a105-1866a331b577
  6. Interface / Theme / problem

Interface / Theme / problem: How can i fix this ugly interface of windows 11 .I've an inserted an image of kindly look through it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/interface-theme-problem/fe36e22a-6264-42dd-a105-1866a331b577
  7. IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUND IT IS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUND IT IS...: IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUNDIT IS ALWAYS BLACK WHAT SHOULD I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-7-ultimate-the-problem-is-i-cant/887314ec-3a95-4eaa-bfe6-20637242a337
  8. IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUND IT IS...

IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUND IT IS...: IM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE THE PROBLEM IS I CANT CHAGE THE THEME BACKGROUNDIT IS ALWAYS BLACK WHAT SHOULD I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-using-windows-7-ultimate-the-problem-is-i-cant/887314ec-3a95-4eaa-bfe6-20637242a337
  9. Display problem in Windows 10 with Windows 7 themed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display problem in Windows 10 with Windows 7 themed apps: Hello there.I am having some issues with the display of apps in Windows 10 in Fullscreen mode.The thing is the app looks all right when it isn't in Fullscreen mode i.e resized normal window but as soon as I click on the Fullscreen button, some part of the window is cropped....
  10. Display problem in Windows 10 with Windows 7 themed apps

Display problem in Windows 10 with Windows 7 themed apps: Hello there.I am having some issues with the display of apps in Windows 10 in Fullscreen mode.The thing is the app looks all right when it isn't in Fullscreen mode i.e resized normal window but as soon as I click on the Fullscreen button, some part of the window is cropped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall default themes windows 10