Windows 10: Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware

Discus and support Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Only today I started reading about Storage Spaces in Windows 10. My question at this stage is theoretical. If I set up a backup program of my data or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by meridius, Apr 24, 2019.

1. meridius Win User

Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware

Only today I started reading about Storage Spaces in Windows 10.

My question at this stage is theoretical. If I set up a backup program of my data or even image my operating system to another physical drive, is there not the real risk that malware within my operating system then spreads to the backup drive therefore rendering the backup data or image either infected or in the worst case following a failed recovery, useless.

I don't know how Internet Security suites operate in relation to constantly updating and scanning new web pages, downloads or applications, if we are not doing this on demand. In my case the only way I can be certain to the best of my ability is to occasionally do a full scan. Also the possibility of hidden malware in the system...

:)

meridius, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware

Bruce Hagen, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware

1. Theoretical Question - Backups and Malware - Similar Threads - Theoretical Question Backups

2. Question on backups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on backups: I am currently backing up data from my computer via Win7 Backup and Restore and I can see that my backup drive is beginning to get a little clogged up. Is there a way or a tool to compare two existing backup files and delete duplicate info to save space on the backup drive?...
  3. Question about Malware in Quarantine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Malware in Quarantine: I downloaded malware. It was in quarantine. I clicked removal as I thought it would delete it. What if the malware is now out of quarantine roaming through my computer?[Original Title: Help!]...
  4. Questions about Malware/Virus

Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...
  5. Backup question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup question: In Windows 10, under All Settings, Update and Security, there is Backup. I usually select Windows 7 Backup and Restore. What does this backup? Does anyone here know? Thank you. 155985
  6. OneDrive backup question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive backup question: I have some files that I use in many GIS projects. They have to keep the same name and file path, in order for the GIS program to find them. Unfortunately, they are all under a “Dropbox” file, since that is how I have been backing them up. Now, however, I want to get rid of...
  7. Questions about malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about malware: I’m building a new pc and I’m not very informed on certain types of viruses are they any that could attach themselves to a GPU’s memory? or anything like that probably a stupid question but like I said I’m not well informed on what they can really do lol. submitted by...
  8. malware question

malware question: I found this in start up: twdsuilaunch.exe , is it malware? I've "Disabled" it. Ok just go to add/remove and delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-question/64a81b9a-b07f-4274-b773-a405d073653c
  9. 0 day malware, question.

0 day malware, question.: My fb page is Vaios Ganesh, https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009066564135 I have posted all my findings publicly about the 0 day malware and the problems I have. As I was hit by the malware I noticed the following 1. windows root certificate was set to 1939...
  10. Anti-malware question

Anti-malware question: Does anybody know if there is a better anti-malware than Windows Defender ? 30450