Windows 10: There are currently no power options available

Discus and support There are currently no power options available in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The power options of my laptop disappeared and this message comes up: "There are currently no power options available". What to do?? [Movido para... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by QueenAsh, Dec 30, 2020.

1. QueenAsh Win User

There are currently no power options available

The power options of my laptop disappeared and this message comes up: "There are currently no power options available". What to do??

[Movido para Inglês]

:)

QueenAsh, Dec 30, 2020
  2. LuizScruz Win User

Hi MR, welcome to the Microsoft community, my name is Luiz Cruz, Microsoft's independent consultant, and I would be happy to help you.

I understand that your computer is not shutting down completely. To solve this problem I suggest that you perform the steps below:

Step 1:

Change the function of the off button. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:

1. On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open Run;

2. At Run, type "powercfg.cpl" and click Ok, to open the Power Options;

3. Click on Choose the function of the power button, change the item When I press the power button to Off;

4. Click Save Changes.

Step 2:

Disable third party software and services from system startup. They may be running in the background, making it difficult to shut down the computer. For more information, the article below:

How to perform a simple boot in Windows.

Step 3:

Disable quick system startup. To do this, perform the steps below:

1. On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + X keys, then click on Power Options;

2. Under Power Options, click Choose the power button function;

3. Then click on Change settings not currently available;

4. Deselect the Turn on quick start (recommended) item, click Save changes.

If the answer helped in any way, please mark it as an answer, if your question has not been solved, please post again.

I hope I helped, even more!

LuizScruz, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    1709 Creators update - shutdown options missing - "there are currently no power options available"

Hi Jacob,

The error there are currently no power options available happens if the
    Shut down the system Policy isn't configured correctly. We suggest following these steps to fix it:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type secpol.msc and click OK to open the
      Local Security Policy
      window.
    • Expand Security Settings.
    • Expand Local Policies.
    • Click User Rights Assignment.
    • Double-click Shut down the system from the right pane to open it's properties.
    • In the pop-up window, click Add User or Group, type the full user name or group name for the affected users, then click
      Add.
    • Click OK to close the window.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if the power options in the Start menu are restored after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 30, 2020
  4. There are currently no power options available

Windows 10 : There are currently no power options available

The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist.

Dr_M_Ramasbbu, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. There are currently no power options available - Similar Threads - are currently power

2. there are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are currently no power options available: can someone help me to bring back the power options? so this happened after i installed exam software and i couldn't turn off this laptop for awhile, instead i had to force turn off using power key manually everytime and i afraid that is gonna make my laptop broken, so can...
  3. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are currently no power options available.: Hello, Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 11. Today I went to restart my computer by using the start menu and clicking the power button, but the message "There are currently no power options available" displayed instead of the usual "Sleep-restart-shut down" menu. How...
  4. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are currently no power options available.: Hello, Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 11. Today I went to restart my computer by using the start menu and clicking the power button, but the message "There are currently no power options available" displayed instead of the usual "Sleep-restart-shut down" menu. How...
  5. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There are currently no power options available.: I have ran all the system scans given in the suggestions, tried many other solutions given on microsoft and other websites but nothing seems to work. Please help.Thank you...
  6. there are currently no power options available

there are currently no power options available: Im not able to shutdown my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/5cdb4460-d297-4c4f-9d54-005bfef17865
  7. There are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are currently no power options available: I need help with my Windows 10 laptop, and I don't know what to do, can tell me what to do step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/60887020-aa16-4d09-97de-f1e2ee1c4050
  8. "There are currently no power options available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "There are currently no power options available": Good morning, and thank you for reading this. I am running an iBuyPower PC with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041.508 and "Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0" Windows Update just completed, and now (even after a few restarts) when I go to shutdown the computer...
  9. "There are currently no power options available"

"There are currently no power options available": [ATTACH] Why this is happening and how should I solve this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/165b9c06-6b17-43eb-a83b-8b521efd9940
  10. There are currently no power options available

There are currently no power options available: Hi, I've been having some trouble with my laptop lately. Im running on Windows 10 Home and since a short time I can't turn off my laptop via the power symbol in the menu. It will say: There are currently no power options available translated from Dutch. I've checked every...