Windows 10: There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

Discus and support There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I discovered that my C drive was almost full and their were lots of ".exe" files with random names were their so I deleted them. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ANKIT KUMAR MITRA, May 26, 2023.

1. There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

Recently I discovered that my C drive was almost full and their were lots of ".exe" files with random names were their so I deleted them. After that also the disk was full so I checked with my drive with TreeSize and discovered that my system32 folder was taking around 100GB of space and their were lots of ".exe" files same as the ones I discovered in C drive.

:)

ANKIT KUMAR MITRA, May 26, 2023

2. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, May 26, 2023
  3. Nimbus125 Win User
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this

There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space. 239221d1562208320t-system-reserved-taking-up-over-100gb-space-space.png

I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this

There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space. 239222d1562208435t-system-reserved-taking-up-over-100gb-space-tree.png

The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up >80gb all by themselves which can't be normal at all. Is there any way to fix this?

Nimbus125, May 26, 2023
  4. There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

System32.dll files are taking up more space in Windows 10 C: drive.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

System32 folder contains core operating system files in the C: drive or the drive where operating system is installed on.
    System32.dll files are those files which Windows needs for protecting and backing up the system files. Your PC will not face any performance issue if you delete these files from the PC.

I suggest you to optimize the drives of your PC by following the steps below and check if the space of the drives will be reduced.

• Open File Explorer by pressing
      Windows logo + E
      keys on the keyboard.

• From the left side panel click on This PC and open
      Properties by right-clicking on SSD.

• Click on Tools tab and select
      Optimize
      under Optimize and defragment drive.

• You can also analyze the drive by click on the
      Analyze
      option from the same window.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2023
Thema:

There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

1. There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space. - Similar Threads - are lots exe

2. There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.: Recently I discovered that my C drive was almost full and their were lots of ".exe" files with random names were their so I deleted them. After that also the disk was full so I checked with my drive with TreeSize and discovered that my system32 folder was taking around 100GB...
  3. There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are lots of ".exe" files in system32 and its taking areound 100GB of space.: Recently I discovered that my C drive was almost full and their were lots of ".exe" files with random names were their so I deleted them. After that also the disk was full so I checked with my drive with TreeSize and discovered that my system32 folder was taking around 100GB...
  4. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  5. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unkown user is taking a lot of space: I have been having this problem for a while, I have recently enabled and opened the Administrator account which took around 1 hour to load which was probably making the account files. In the user and family tab it isn't showing anything with both the admin account enabled and...
  6. Unkown user is taking a lot of space

7. Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking > 100gb disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InsulineDion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knbw5t/windows_10_taking_100gb_disk_space/
  8. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in...
  9. can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can i delete these files ? they take a lot of space !: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/m7md4you [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwheld/can_i_delete_these_files_they_take_a_lot_of_space/
  10. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...