Windows 10: There are no Administrators on my friend's computer.

Discus and support There are no Administrators on my friend's computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My friend has a Windows 10 Home computer with no active administrators. It also, when switching secure boot off, says that there is bitlocker enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Isaac Brumby, Oct 24, 2019.

1. There are no Administrators on my friend's computer.

My friend has a Windows 10 Home computer with no active administrators. It also, when switching secure boot off, says that there is bitlocker enabled and that he needs to recover bitlocker. He can't install anything, or boot to recovery mode. The drive is bitlocked, but we don't know any passwords that would let us in, so we can't boot to another drive and fix it like that. Please help us, we have run out of options.

:)

Isaac Brumby, Oct 24, 2019

2. Building a computer for a friend

Any reason for listing the 3820? Socket 2011 is total overkill for what your looking for. Socket AM3+ would be more appropriate.

My build suggestion, just pick a case your friend likes the looks of. System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 24, 2019
  4. ddelo Win User

There are no Administrators on my friend's computer.

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. There are no Administrators on my friend's computer. :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

There are no Administrators on my friend's computer.

1. There are no Administrators on my friend's computer. - Similar Threads - are Administrators friend's

2. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my friend's old computer: My friend on scratch.mit.edu/users/WindowsNTPowershell Once had a blue screen of death. It all started when he was playing Roblox and suddenly his screen flashed green, blue, and red, His screen went black for 1 minute then a BSOD showed up. he forgot the error code and I...
  3. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my friend's old computer: My friend on scratch.mit.edu/users/WindowsNTPowershell Once had a blue screen of death. It all started when he was playing Roblox and suddenly his screen flashed green, blue, and red, His screen went black for 1 minute then a BSOD showed up. he forgot the error code and I...
  4. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD issue with a friend's computer.

BSOD issue with a friend's computer.: Hello, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to take a look at some DMP files I've compiled of a friend's crash reports from getting the dreaded BSOD. This is primarily occurring when they're gaming and I'm kind of at a loss as to what could be the issue right now. I'm unable...
  6. Administrator of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  7. Administrator of my computer?

Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  8. Changing administrator on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing administrator on my computer: Ok I have been at this for hours, trying to google or bing an answer. when my son set up my computer he set himself as admin., how do I change this, I have tried several things and nothing is working. it cannot be that difficult but I cannot figure it out. HELP...
  9. My friend took over my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend took over my computer: So my friend logged into my computer to play Minecraft windows 10 edition on his account, and now when I log in my account is under his Microsoft account and email and I have not been able to fix it. I tried to make a new Microsoft account but his account is the administrator...
  10. No longer Administrator on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer Administrator on my computer: Hi I got fed up with having to enter a password every time I turned my computer on, so I turned it off now it is telling me I am no longer the Administrator. Is there anything I can do to rectify this please....