Windows 10: There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

Discus and support There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello! I met a problem, when there are actually not icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it for example, Minecraft launcher for Windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sevoos, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Sevoos Win User

There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

Hello! I met a problem, when there are actually not icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it for example, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 and even settings app in search box, but in Start menu and on the taskbar everything is alright. What I have already tried:installing all the updates;enabling "save taskbar thumbnail previews" in system properties;in task manager restarting "search" and "Explorer";restarting my computer;reinstalling Microsoft edge using .exe installer downloaded from Microsoft.com.Icons of all the apps like notepad or installed from the web using an .exe in

:)

Sevoos, Nov 18, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 18, 2022
  3. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

If I scroll down the list of all installed apps on the start menu there is a Microsoft Store entry with the expected briefcase. But if I type "st" then it searches and I get the Microsoft Store entry at the top, as an app, and the icon is the missing image thing. The white sheet with a blue scene.

Also just noticed the top two entries just after I click the start button are missing icons (both this and the Meta Messenger app...though I uninstalled one copy Messenger copy that'd come from outside the store, and have another from the store still installed). Both apps (store and messenger) run fine. And running them doesn't fix the icon.

I can't manually pick an icon for them by right clicking.

I ran the "repair" feature from the Microsoft Store's app details page, and nothing changed.

Any further suggestions?

EternalStudent07, Nov 18, 2022
  4. Jan Del Win User

There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 18, 2022
Thema:

1. There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search - Similar Threads - are icons Microsoft

2. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  3. installing app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing app from Microsoft Store: Hi,First, getting hold of an email address to contact MS Support is impossible. Very frustrating.Second, I have purchased an app in MS Store, but now that I have a new computer running Windows 11, while the app appears to download and install, in all practicality it does not....
  4. [Solved] There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

in Cortana
    [Solved] There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search: Hello! I met a problem, when there are actually not icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it for example, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 and even settings app in search box, but in Start menu and on the taskbar everything is alright. What I have already...
  5. There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search: Hello! I met a problem, when there are actually not icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it for example, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 and even settings app in search box, but in Start menu and on the taskbar everything is alright. What I have already...
  6. There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are no icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it in Windows search: Hello! I met a problem, when there are actually not icons of Microsoft Store and apps installed from it for example, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 and even settings app in search box, but in Start menu and on the taskbar everything is alright. What I have already...
  7. Install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Install apps from Microsoft Store: On my other laptop i downloaded some apps and i want to know since I am using the same acct for both laptops, will those apps be on the other laptop as well or do i need to download them on the 2nd laptop? ***Original Title: microsoft apps***...
  8. Can't search/install an app from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't search/install an app from Microsoft Store: [IMG] Everything seems fine until i wanted to search "3D viewer". But, after i typed in "3" It exits immediately. I also tried opening a random app to install in "Picks for you" And store immediately exits too. Is there a solution for this?...
  9. Icons of apps installed from the Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Icons of apps installed from the Store: Hello, I recently activated my Windows buy purchasing a key and after the activation all the apps that I had installed from the Store when I search for them in the search box they do show up but with no icon just the standard image icon. How can I correct it? [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...