Windows 10: There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

Discus and support There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PETER Falking, Mar 31, 2022.

1. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there like brave, notepad ++ etc.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the rest. And will I have to pay for them?

:)

PETER Falking, Mar 31, 2022
  2. Sureis Win User

Windows 10 mobile default apps reinstall

Is there no way to uninstall or reinstall the default apps on Windows Mobile 10? I would rather Microsoft updated its default apps because after auto update the apps appear on all apps list.

Some of the default apps are missing from the apps list on my phone but it shows on storage (apps and games). When I search the apps on store it says installed or launch. Every time I want to use the apps I have to connect to internet and lauch the app from
    Microsoft Store. But the apps appeared on the list only after I uninstalled and reinstalled. But In case of default apps, I can't uninstall or reinstall.

Please Microsoft, please find a way so that the default apps could be uninstalled and reinstalled or provide prompt updates to the default apps.

Some of the key default apps like phone, photo etc do not appear on the all apps list. For making a call I have to open "people". I can't dial to any number. Disappointed!!

Windows 10 mobile

Version: 1607

OS build: 10.0.14393.953

Sureis, Mar 31, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2022
  4. puma99dk| Win User

There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows :(

puma99dk|, Mar 31, 2022
Thema:

There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

1. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows - Similar Threads - are Microsoft's default

2. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  3. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  4. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows: I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there like brave, notepad ++ etc.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the...
  6. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows: I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there like brave, notepad ++ etc.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the...
  7. There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no Microsoft's default apps after reinstallation of windows: I reset my PC yesterday and now there are no Microsoft's default apps like Microsoft Store, Calculator, Weather etc. Only the Apps I installed are there.Is there a way to get all of those apps in my computer? Atleast MS Store so I can install the rest. And will I have to pay...
  8. Microsoft Apps wont open after windows reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps wont open after windows reinstall: After my windows apps got corrupted due to changing permissions of my C drive, I reinstalled windows and cleaned out my C drive. After the reinstall, none of the windows apps will open, and there are many blank entries in the apps & features settings page. I have provided a...
  9. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?: Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official...