Windows 10: There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing

Discus and support There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello guys,I'm asking about some problems with Windows Search and Indexing. For some words and terms, mine will not be very actual as I'm not a native... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by John Kim_, Jan 21, 2022.

1. John Kim_ Win User

There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing

Hello guys,I'm asking about some problems with Windows Search and Indexing. For some words and terms, mine will not be very actual as I'm not a native English speaker. Sorry.1. Condition- Computer hardware: Normal spec i5-10400, RAM 16G, Gforce 1030, SSD storage- O/S: Windows 10 Pro- Other applications operating usual: Nox Google Mob App Player, Steam client without playing anything, MS office 2007 series Generally, Outlook and Excel always, Explorer 3 tabs, Edge 1 tab2. Problem- Indexing is not working for Outlook. A week ago, it worked nomarlly, but suddenly it showed partial results

:)

John Kim_, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2022
  4. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

1. There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing - Similar Threads - are problems Search

2. There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing: Hello guys,I'm asking about some problems with Windows Search and Indexing. For some words and terms, mine will not be very actual as I'm not a native English speaker. Sorry.1. Condition- Computer hardware: Normal spec i5-10400, RAM 16G, Gforce 1030, SSD storage- O/S: Windows...
  3. There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are some problems with Windows Search and Indexing: Hello guys,I'm asking about some problems with Windows Search and Indexing. For some words and terms, mine will not be very actual as I'm not a native English speaker. Sorry.1. Condition- Computer hardware: Normal spec i5-10400, RAM 16G, Gforce 1030, SSD storage- O/S: Windows...
  4. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Indexer Problem: I got a problem with the windows search indexer service and its driving me nuts!Search Index uses a lot of my cpu causing my laptop to lag, so i tried turning it off like what i saw in a video but when i turned it off my keyboard and mouse goes CRAZY! When i press a link it...
  5. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Indexer Problem: I got a problem with the windows search indexer service and its driving me nuts!Search Index uses a lot of my cpu causing my laptop to lag, so i tried turning it off like what i saw in a video but when i turned it off my keyboard and mouse goes CRAZY! When i press a link it...
  6. Windows Search Indexer Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search and Indexing Problem

in Cortana
    Search and Indexing Problem: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Single Language... And I'm unable to type in certain apps such as window search the Mail app, Sticky Notes while I'm able to type in some apps such as Notepad... I had to open Notepad to type and copy from there and paste to the apps that I want to...
  8. Search and Indexing Problems in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search and Indexing Problems in Windows: I am not able to do searches in Windows. I have tried to rebuild the index or manually rebooting the system. When I try to do searches I type but the letters don't show...
  9. Problems with Windows search (Indexing)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows search (Indexing): I have a problem with Windows Search not detecting additional storage. It was working before, it detected my extra storage hdds. But after a restart it's now not detecting any of them except a small empty 2.5" HDD. I have tried to disable/enable the indexing, with...
  10. Search & Index problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Search & Index problem: Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions. I have specifically indexed only...