Windows 10: There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them?

Discus and support There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are two "sign-in" accounts shown with my exact same name, one with my photo and one with the microsoft "man". Microsoft tries to sign me in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hayhurst2, Jun 26, 2019.

1. hayhurst2 Win User

There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them?

There are two "sign-in" accounts shown with my exact same name, one with my photo and one with the microsoft "man". Microsoft tries to sign me in with the microsoft man, and tells me my password is "incorrect". How do I delete that account? The exact same name with my photograph let's me sign in to my Microsoft account with my normal password. I want to delete this other account that is a nuisance! Please help!

:)

hayhurst2, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. There are two "sign-in" accounts so how do I delet one on them? - Similar Threads - are sign accounts

2. I have two profiles how to delete one of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two profiles how to delete one of them: i want to delete one of my profiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-profiles-how-to-delete-one-of-them/d3882e60-9334-4d68-a0ad-d09771bb7f33
  3. I have two profiles how to delete one of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two profiles how to delete one of them: i want to delete one of my profiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-profiles-how-to-delete-one-of-them/d3882e60-9334-4d68-a0ad-d09771bb7f33
  4. two accounts - delete one please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two accounts - delete one please: I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey...
  5. two accounts - delete one please

two accounts - delete one please: I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey...
  6. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  7. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?: I have two sign-in options, but I want to get rid of one of them to only have one option. Please be aware that under "netplwiz" there is only ONE account listed, and that is "Option 1". All options are administrators me. I am the only one that uses my PC.Option 1: Can use a...
  8. One account, two sign in options? How do I get rid of one?

9. What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/catman11234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0zee5/what_are_these_accounts_and_how_do_i_delete_them/
  10. Two Accounts why do I have them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Accounts why do I have them?: I have two diffent accounts why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-accounts-why-do-i-have-them/379fb5ef-0ff1-4629-b584-5efc2eef6b5f