Windows 10: There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.

Discus and support There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Many of my system 32 files are not at their specified sizes and sfc scannow does not show any problems. In cc cleaner there is a WMI user logged in but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rod_175, Jul 10, 2020.

1. rod_175 Win User

There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.

Many of my system 32 files are not at their specified sizes and sfc scannow does not show any problems. In cc cleaner there is a WMI user logged in but I can't find it. Please help. My firewall has a firewall.dll file that I can't undo, many settings in windows are preset and I can't change them. My computer is my only one, with only one user, me. Please help.

:)

rod_175, Jul 10, 2020

2. Program that runs on W10 Home will not run on W10 Pro

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me resolve an issue with an application that installs and runs fine on Windows 10 Home edition V1709 but will not install on Windows Pro V1803? I have tried all the Run in Compatibility options and none
    of them will work. W10 Home is not one of the options for compatibility. Not even the compatibility tester will work against this program.

SuzanneBell1, Jul 10, 2020
  3. WMI is not running on fix port

Hi there,

we are monitoring a large number of client computers using WMI. As these clients are placed in several subnets they are located behind firewalls.

The clients are having different operating systems installed (Windows 7 SP1, Windows 10 1709, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016).

To get the monitoring running, we have configured all clients with the WMI fixed port strategy:

- entering the winmgmt.exe /standalonehost command in an elevated command prompt.

- restarting WMI service (rebooting the hole system does not help, either)

- add a rule in the windows firewall for incomming traffic on port TCP/24158 (since this is the default port for WMI when using a fixed endpoint)

- having checked properties for WMI in DCOM to ensure that port TCP/24158 is really set as the static endpoint

This approach is working fine for all clients, except the Windows 10 machines. None of these 16 clients is working with the fixed port setting.

When monitoring the firewall, I can see that the monitoring machine is initiating a request to the Windows 10 client on port TCP/135 (RPC endpoint mapper). But instead of receiving an answer at TCP/24158, the client is still using the dynamic port range
    (TCP/49152 - 65535). It looks like the above mentioned configuration steps are totally ignored.

All other non Windows 10 machines are showing the appropriate behaviour an are answering at port TCP/24158. These systems can be monitored through the firewall without any Problems.

The Windows 10 clients are all installed by Hand, indivually. So, don't go for a corrupt installation, that might have been duplicated by OS deployment process There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition. :)

Today, I've installed the Windows 10 1803 preview to check if the Problem disappears with the upcoming update. Unfortunatelly not!

After 4 days of troubleshooting (!) I am running out of any good ideas.

Any suggestions to help me out? Thank you for your efforts in advance.

WizardOfOz73, Jul 10, 2020
  4. There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.

WMI Provider Host - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you the WMI provider host use high CPU of the PC. Usually, WMI Host Provider doesn’t use much usage of the CPU. It will use the CPU when any software or script that asks for some information via WMI. High usage of the
    CPU is just the sign that another software is seeking for some information or requesting any data via WMI.

However, the high usage of the CPU for a long time for WMI is an indication that something is wrong because WMI Provider Host doesn’t occupy the resources of the CPU for a long time.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 1: Restart the WMI Provider Host Service

1. Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run command, then type Services.msc and press the
      Ok.
    2. Scroll down all the services and find
      Windows Management Instrumentation and then Right click on it and select
      Properties.
    3. Set the startup type to Automatic and then restart the service.

Method 2: Restart other WMI provider Host related Services

1. Click on Start Menu and type CMD, right click on
      CMD icon and select Run as administrator.
    2. In the Command Prompt Window type the following command and press
      Enter after each command.
    • net stop iphlpsvc
    • net stop wscsvc
    • net stop Winmgmt
    • net start Winmgmt
    • net start wscsvc
    • net start iphlpsvc
    3. Restart your computer and check if the WMI provider Host having high CPU usage

Method 3: Uninstall the Components and Drivers that causes the Problem

1. Press Windows + XKey and select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Click on the View Button that appears on the top of the Menu and then click on
      Show Analytic and Debug Logs.
    3. On the left pane, navigate to this path Applications and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > WMI Activity > Operational log. Now Mark or Note down the Item that listed as an
      Error
    4. Now press the Windows Logo Key +
      X
      simultaneously, then select Task Manager.
    5. Now, click on the Service tab and Find the processes with the Matching IDs as seen in
      Event Viewer in the column of PID when You Locate or Find these Process then
      Uninstall or Disable those service.
    6. Restart the PC and check

You may also refer this article and check if that helps to fix the issue:
    High CPU usage by WMIPRVSE.EXE process at regular intervals in Windows

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition.

1. There are WMI programs running on my windows 10 home edition. - Similar Threads - are WMI programs

2. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  3. Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home edition: What kind of Windows 10 home version is Microsoft selling at their website OEM, GGK, FPP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/f39ee6a7-afcb-4e96-8992-542d4e5cb3e7
  4. Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home edition: My laptop edition is windows 10 pro and has digital license linked to my Microsoft account. After reinstalling windows 10 with a bootable USB flash drive containing windows 10 setup files of windows 10 enterprise, l was surprised that it installed windows 10 home edition....
  5. Windows 10 Home Edition

Windows 10 Home Edition: How can I download and install Windows 10 Home Edition without cost? I have the valid and legal activation key from my old PC. ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition/c9d711d8-0844-4d60-8fec-d4324e02eb9a
  6. windows 10 home edition

windows 10 home edition: easiest way to re install windows 10 with digital license already tried recovery. missing .dll files. is all i really need. tried copying .dll files from another laptop windows 10. didn;t work can i just download a fresh boot from microsoft...
  7. Running a web server on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running a web server on Windows 10 Home edition: I have Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. I do web development as part of a personal project. I want to run a web server on my Win10 PC. I am looking for a reasonably priced, easy to use web server. Does Win10 have a native webserver? If not what is a recommended web server...
  8. WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME EDITION: HI IM CURRENTLY RUNNING ON WINDOWS 10 PRO BUT NEED TO INSTALL OR DOWNGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 HOME IVE TRIED TO REINSTALLING IT AGAIN BUT STILL COMES UP AS PRO I DID A REGEDIT STILL NO GO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET HOME EDITION SO I CAN ACTIVATE...
  9. Windows 10 Home edition.

Windows 10 Home edition.: I'm BILLY GEE, I have had a free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I don't remember if I activated during installation, Since then I have upgraded to V 1803 OS Build 17134.1 KB4284848. I now experience a couple of problems:- 1. It now tells me I am missing some...
  10. Windows 10 Home edition

Windows 10 Home edition: All updates for windows 10 version 1803 have failed. last failed attempt July 8. I have a HP Pavilion G6 laptop with Intel Pentium P6200. 4GB with 3.8 useable. 2018-06 update for Windows 10 Version 1709 x64 based systems successfully installed on July 14. System will not...