Windows 10: There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot...

Discus and support There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AmiiboJeremiah [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmiiboJeremiah, Oct 10, 2022.

1. There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot...

/u/AmiiboJeremiah, Oct 10, 2022
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Oct 10, 2022
  3. DeniseJM Win User
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but
    they're listed in Devices in the right hand panel. Why aren't they listed under KingKong in the left hand panel also? How can I get them to appear under KingKong on the left?

There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot... 221ed155-5508-4b9f-96fb-758bf55d2d92?upload=true.jpg

DeniseJM, Oct 10, 2022
  4. There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot...

Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 10, 2022
Thema:

There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot...

1. There is 300 gb left on this hard drive I use and it takes my computer over 10 mins to boot... - Similar Threads - 300 left hard

2. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  3. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  4. 300 GB taken, computer slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    300 GB taken, computer slow: 321GB/414GB is taken up by Installed app even thou i doesn't have much installed.window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/300-gb-taken-computer-slow/b7482bc1-4bbd-4a08-9263-c0535cc79cee
  5. 300 GB taken, computer slow

300 GB taken, computer slow: 321GB/414GB is taken up by Installed app even thou i doesn't have much installed.window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/300-gb-taken-computer-slow/b7482bc1-4bbd-4a08-9263-c0535cc79cee
  6. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  7. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive: Hello, I have already made a post about this, but now I have found out a little bit more about why it could be happening. When I connect my HDD, the SSD vanishes as if it weren't connected and the hard drive takes over as the boot drive, this has been happening for 4-5 days...
  8. Hard drive takes over SSD as boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space: Hi I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me free some space from the disk as it’s occupying too much space. I’ve already deleted temp files and was wondering if maybe formatting the disk while preserving windows would solve it, or if there is any other way of solving...
  10. Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Over 400 GB used last month, 300 GB from the System.: So recently I wanted to check my wifi usage because I almost went over my 1 TB limit. I then saw that "System" has used over 300 gigabytes since last month. Any reason why, and how to bring this amount down? [ATTACH]...