Windows 10: There is a file that I can not remove

Discus and support There is a file that I can not remove in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was messing around on the batch files and stuff because I was board. I made one batch file that had every thing it it and when I saved it my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Apex_Lite, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Apex_Lite Win User

There is a file that I can not remove

I was messing around on the batch files and stuff because I was board. I made one batch file that had every thing it it and when I saved it my anti-virus went off. When I look it said error and It could not remove it. When I did I could not remove. The good thing is it is stuck in a flash-drive not me Computer.

How do I remove it when 3 Anti virus with shredding can't?

-Apex_Lite or Finn

Also, if I open it by mistake it will literally blow up my computer.

:)

Apex_Lite, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 15, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 15, 2019
  4. corrywd Win User

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. There is a file that I can not remove - Similar Threads - file remove

2. Update today has removed my outlook.pst file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update today has removed my outlook.pst file: Went to log off computer said I needed to updateSo update and log off or update and restart. I went for update and restartHave restarted and now it tells me the outlook.pst file is not thereI havent deleted itIts not on the one drive, its not in the one drive recylcing bin,...
  3. Update today has removed my outlook.pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update today has removed my outlook.pst file: Went to log off computer said I needed to updateSo update and log off or update and restart. I went for update and restartHave restarted and now it tells me the outlook.pst file is not thereI havent deleted itIts not on the one drive, its not in the one drive recylcing bin,...
  4. Update today has removed my outlook.pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove invalid entry in "select an app to open this file" menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove invalid entry in "select an app to open this file" menu.: Ello.I'm getting invalid entries in the "select an app to open this file" menu, which pops up when attempting to open a file with no associated default app. By invalid entries, I'm referring to entries with no icon, pointing to executables that are either no longer in my...
  6. How to remove invalid entry in "select an app to open this file" menu.

How to remove invalid entry in "select an app to open this file" menu.: Ello.I'm getting invalid entries in the "select an app to open this file" menu, which pops up when attempting to open a file with no associated default app. By invalid entries, I'm referring to entries with no icon, pointing to executables that are either no longer in my...
  7. removing files from merged hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  8. removing files from merged hdd

removing files from merged hdd: i have 2 hdd merged as dynamic partitions and i want to remove one of them without loosing any data. how can i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-files-from-merged-hdd/7b4da415-4874-4d6c-8844-b4eb40d40702
  9. How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?: HeySince I updated my previous windows 11 verion to 23H2, the file explorer has this chunky toolbar box with Copy, Paste, etc.How can I remove it? It takes up too much space, and I don't need this bar at all! I can do the same with right click or simple keyboard shortcuts,...
  10. How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?

How to remove the toolbar in File Explorer in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Version ?: HeySince I updated my previous windows 11 verion to 23H2, the file explorer has this chunky toolbar box with Copy, Paste, etc.How can I remove it? It takes up too much space, and I don't need this bar at all! I can do the same with right click or simple keyboard shortcuts,...