Windows 10: There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

Discus and support There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoberrtZooper, Nov 20, 2018.

1. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program.

When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this ``PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-19--17-53-10_``

I even used some anti spyware programs thinking that it would help but nothing happened ... the problem is that a large ammount of files like that one keeps generating in my %temp% file and I don`t know what to do , the only thing that helps me is restarting after booting up my computer , after I restart there are no more files generating. The problem is that if I forget to restart after I boot up my computer , in 1-2 hours there are over 3GB worth of files like that :/

I tried to look for help online but I couldn`t find anything related to this so I decided to ask for help , maybe someone knows how to fix this annoying problem There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder :D

Thanks for reading.

:)

RoberrtZooper, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Nov 20, 2018
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 20, 2018
  4. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

1. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder - Similar Threads - file keeps generating

2. Files on temp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on temp folder: I installed windows 10 and all my files went to temp folder. How can I get it back to original folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-temp-folder/d1f1b4db-30f0-461b-bee9-45e2a672c0b6
  3. Files on temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on temp folder: I installed windows 10 and all my files went to temp folder. How can I get it back to original folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-temp-folder/d1f1b4db-30f0-461b-bee9-45e2a672c0b6
  4. Files on temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder: Hi,Every 5 minutes or so, 11 .evtx files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. One evtx starts with SystemOne evtx starts with ApplicationThe the rest are Microsoft-Windows- followed...
  6. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder: Hi,Every 5 minutes or so, 11 .evtx files are generated in C:\Windows\Temp. One evtx starts with SystemOne evtx starts with ApplicationThe the rest are Microsoft-Windows- followed...
  7. Event log files generated every 7 minutes in temp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder

Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder: Lot's of random files in my "Temp" folder. I had a computer virus a few months ago, and I'm worried that a few of these are related to it. Can anyone tell me what they are? [ATTACH]...
  9. Temp File Folder

Temp File Folder: Hello Community; Lately my Temp File folder has been getting overloaded with files such as : mat-debug- X X X X, the X's represent numbers why are these files showing up and is there a fix to stop them from showing up. Will I be able to delete them without...
  10. Temp Files are being generated too fast

Temp Files are being generated too fast: Hi, Temp files are being generated at an enormous rate of 50-60GB within an hour or so and I'm getting storage space issue. I'm deleting them frequently but still they seem to be regenerated . This has never happened until past 2 days. Please help me ge rid of them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is mat-debug file www.windowsphoneinfo.com