Windows 10: There is a "ghost" in my machine

Discus and support There is a "ghost" in my machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; long story: bought a new Asus Zenbook. Set it up everything works. Zoom meeting last week worked good. Zoom meeting yesterday, and Mic not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sschardi, Apr 26, 2020.

1. There is a "ghost" in my machine

long story: bought a new Asus Zenbook. Set it up everything works. Zoom meeting last week worked good. Zoom meeting yesterday, and Mic not working. Cortana Mic not working. Uninstalled Zoom. Still not working. Went over all settings many times. Mic not working, although computer says working fine. Tried to uninstall Mic driver. No option to do so. Updated driver, message said already had best driver. Reset Zenbook to "new", Mic still not working. Went to bed, couldn't sleep because Brain wouldn't shut down. Got up this morning, to try some new options, but WTF, Mic is working now. Zenbook is possessed. EDIT: Now later today, MIC NOT WORKING AGAIN..

submitted by /u/sschardi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sschardi, Apr 26, 2020

2. Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Dhar39MA Win User
    ghosting using norton 2003 ghost

Mustard Seed Ministries of east tx. We refurb donated pc and GIVE them to 5th graders. We've used Norton ghost 2003 with 98 xp and win 7. It does not work for win 10?? Why? Any suggestions . The Ghost will not boot

Dhar39MA, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Novgorod Win User

There is a "ghost" in my machine

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

There is a "ghost" in my machine [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

There is a "ghost" in my machine

1. There is a "ghost" in my machine - Similar Threads - ghost machine

2. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  3. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter: Every key on my laptop is functional except my “E” key. I’ve tried every YouTube tutorial and even taken out my key to clean. Is there way to fix this?...
  4. My E key is not working and occasionally my laptop will ghost type and spam a single letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  6. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  7. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Ghost Work Account

Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  9. How to either ghost a machine or at least copy all user profiles for import into new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to either ghost a machine or at least copy all user profiles for import into new PC: I have a project where I have to replace desktops. These W10 desktops have as many as 6-7 different user profiles. The easiest way I would think to get them all on a new pc would be to clone them or ghost them. So I am looking for information on how to do that. If that...
  10. Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost in the machine: non responding Apps and menu settings.: Since upgrading to the latest version every morning I have to reboot my system at least once sometime two or three time due to not responding Apps, menu prompts. The funny thing is that once done that it keeps working fine the all day long, doesn't matter how many time I...