Windows 10: There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture

Discus and support There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sorry for the title, I'm not sure how to describe this thing. Its like a ghost window that is tied to the desktop ? and overlays any application I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke B. 314, Jan 27, 2022.

1. There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture

Sorry for the title, I'm not sure how to describe this thing. Its like a ghost window that is tied to the desktop ? and overlays any application I open. It blocks all interaction with that part of the desktop/application/whatever I'm running and I have no idea where its coming from or how to get rid of it. Never encountered this before switching to 11

:)

Luke B. 314, Jan 27, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture

1. There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture - Similar Threads - ghost window desktop

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture

There is a ghost window on my desktop that won't go away picture: Sorry for the title, I'm not sure how to describe this thing. Its like a ghost window that is tied to the desktop ? and overlays any application I open. It blocks all interaction with that part of the desktop/application/whatever I'm running and I have no idea where its...
  5. blank window on desktop won't go away.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank window on desktop won't go away.: Hello, all! I've got a blank window that has appeared on the lower right side of my desktop. It covers a good part of my screen, which makes it hard to work with two windows at once or even one window maximized. It just appeared for no reason ... I didn't change any settings...
  6. blank window on desktop won't go away.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blank window on desktop won't go away.: Hello, all! I've got a blank window that has appeared on the lower right side of my desktop. It covers a good part of my screen, which makes it hard to work with two windows at once or even one window maximized. It just appeared for no reason ... I didn't change any settings...
  7. blank window on desktop won't go away.

8. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...