Windows 10: There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

Discus and support There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoseLopez de Zaldo, Jun 12, 2021.

1. There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!

:)

JoseLopez de Zaldo, Jun 12, 2021

2. Weather MAPS and News missing!

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Weather

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

Repeat the same step for news.

Andre for Directly, Jun 12, 2021
  3. garym123 Win User
    MSN Weather and News Apps Are Not Launching And Not In The Store

No, they listed the apps they were retiring. not weather, not health , not news.

garym123, Jun 12, 2021
  4. There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

News/Weather app not loading

Hi Philibert,

I suggest you to uninstall both the apps with the PowerShell command and reinstall again.

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on
      Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following commands and hit
      Enter.
    Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Reinstall the app from the following link.

5. Install the News app
    and Weather app
    from the Windows Store.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out...

1. There is a new weather/news thing on my taskbar after the new update and I can't figure out... - Similar Threads - weather news thing

2. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  3. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  4. Taskbar News And Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar News And Weather: Why is the News and Weather available only when the taskbar is at the bottom? I prefer my taskbar being at the top of the screen but it isn't available when set there....
  5. New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.

New News & Weather Icon in Taskbar, Covers Overflow Arrow.: A new "News & Weather" icon has appeared in the notifications area of my taskbar.It totally covers / obscures the "Overflow" button up-arrow which I do use frequently to get to hidden buttons like eject ext hdd, and also covers up the speaker volume button.So I had to turn...
  6. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  7. How to remove the new news thing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove the new news thing after update: After I update windows, some random weather icon appears in the taskbar, and when I click on it, some news thing popup. Is there a way to remove this thing?...
  8. How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?

How do I remove this new news/weather thing on my taskbar in Windows 10?: Hi, I just installed a few new Windows 10 updates and after restarting my computer there's this new tab on my taskbar that shows the weather and a bunch of clickbait news articles on MSN. I tried looking through my settings and right clicking my taskbar and there doesn't...
  9. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  10. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...