Windows 10: There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10

Discus and support There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I faced a problem with a new computer. It keeps failure when I needed to install Chinese language pack. Could you help with this. Thanks Fault... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KannyFu, Apr 20, 2019.

1. KannyFu Win User

There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10

I faced a problem with a new computer. It keeps failure when I needed to install Chinese language pack.

Could you help with this. Thanks

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: CbsPackageServicingFailure2
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 10.0.17763.164
    P2: Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-zh-cn-Package
    P3: 10.0.17763.1
    P4: amd64
    P5: unknown
    P6: 80240438
    P7: CBS Other
    P8: Absent
    P9: Absent
    P10: FodHelper(LanguageFeaturesOnDemand)

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\servicing\Sessions\Sessions.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\pending.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\inf\setupapi.dev.log
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\logs\mosetup\UpdateAgent.log
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\logs\mosetup\ActionList.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\logs\mosetup\DeviceInventory.xml

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: e7720355-5587-4565-95f6-3a5062aab765
    Report Status: 262148
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0

:)

KannyFu, Apr 20, 2019

2. Cannot Download all language options in Chinese (Simplified) language pack

Anup, Thank you for helping, but it did not solve the problem.

I installed the Chinese language pack from "Add a language" in "Time and language" page in settings; therefore, I think it is a Chinese language of Windows 10 home. The only reason I was trying to uninstall it was to replace it with a pack that I directly
    downloaded from web. Which failed to work, but it will be okay if we can solve the problem from another angle.

I tried to follow the steps that you suggested me, I changed the setting for "override on default input method" to Chinese, restarted my computer, the problem is still there; then I changed the same setting to English, the problem still persists too.

Do you have another approach?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Frank

FrancisTso, Apr 20, 2019
  3. English Language pack for Chinese Laptop Windows 10

Hi

Just bought Xiaomi Notebook Air 12.5 inch and it comes with Chinese version WIndows 10 preinstalled. I thought this would be no problem as I have changed several system languages on WIndows 10 computers. But this one does not want/allow to download English
    Language pack. Downloading English Language pack is not an option (nor is any other language).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NutellaSpring, Apr 20, 2019
  4. There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10

1. There is a problem during add Chinese language pack in windows 10 - Similar Threads - problem during add

2. downloading progress stuck during chinese language pack downloading windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading progress stuck during chinese language pack downloading windows 11: Hi, Persistent issue encountered during attempt to download chinese language pack with Windows 11. had tried all the previous posting solutions, still doesn't seems to be able to resolve the download stuck at its progress. Is it still persistent Windows Update issue that...
  3. downloading progress stuck during chinese language pack downloading windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading progress stuck during chinese language pack downloading windows 11: Hi, Persistent issue encountered during attempt to download chinese language pack with Windows 11. had tried all the previous posting solutions, still doesn't seems to be able to resolve the download stuck at its progress. Is it still persistent Windows Update issue that...
  4. Windows adds other language packs by itself

Windows adds other language packs by itself: HelloI had this problem with Win 10, now with Win 11. My Windows adds language pack by itself and I do not have any option to remove it. it shows in language bar but not in my setting to be able to remove it. I do not want English Canada but I can't remove it either. I did...
  5. Chinese language pack install failed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese language pack install failed.: Hi,I can't install the Chinese language and set it as system display language, the error code is 0x80070422. My device details are below.Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎08/‎09/‎2021 OS build 19042.906 Serial number 008356613757 Experience Windows Feature...
  6. Add a Language pack in Windows

Add a Language pack in Windows: Split from this thread. I have some trouble with the new update too. My window edition is Window 10 pro, in the new update, it makes the connection of Bluetooth headphone becomes really bad it's still ok in the last version even the sound is a little small and another...
  7. Installing simplified Chinese language pack breaks the language bar

Installing simplified Chinese language pack breaks the language bar: Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home Build 18363. It has Canadian English and US English in it, everything working fine but when I install the Simplified Chinese language pack, the language bar and input method break. They stop showing in the taskbar and the key...
  8. Repeat installing Chinese Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeat installing Chinese Language Pack: Lenovo Thinkpad W540 Processor: i7-4700MQ CPU @2.4GHz Installed Memory(RAM): 24GB OS: Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 8.1(Retail Channel) My laptop upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 English version to windows 10 home, the Chinese language once could be chosen as...
  9. Chinese Language Pack

Chinese Language Pack: Hi, after the recent Windows update, the Chinese Simplified language pack doesn't seem to work anymore. I was trying to type in Simplified Chinese but somehow the machine is outputting Traditional characters. I have tried reinstalling the language pack, and restarting my...
  10. Language pack problems

Language pack problems: I have a language pack installed, and it seems to mess up some apps, they do not load some items - HP support assistant doesn't show the troubleshooting options, intel control panel is not showing the right language. Can I disable the language pack for specific apps? Thanks...