Windows 10: "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)"

Discus and support "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the subject alert in windows 10. If I click on the alert, I am prompted to enter my password. The question is....Can windows alerts be hacked,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nancy Robins0n, Oct 23, 2018.

1. "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)"

I get the subject alert in windows 10. If I click on the alert, I am prompted to enter my password. The question is....Can windows alerts be hacked, exposing my password to the hacker. ?

:)

Nancy Robins0n, Oct 23, 2018

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    https://account.microsoft.com/about

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 23, 2018
  3. How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

"there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)"

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

"there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)"

1. "there is a problem with your account(most likely your password is changed)" - Similar Threads - problem account likely

2. Forgot your password or don't see your account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot your password or don't see your account: Forgot your password or don't see your account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-your-password-or-dont-see-your-account/f2523617-c0bd-4d88-b41f-9b3d6baef54a
  3. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account: Hello everyoneToday when I was trying to log in into my laptop, I received this message "Your organization requires you to change your password" which was a weird thing because my account is personal not business and I have never signed in using any business account before on...
  4. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account: Hello everyoneToday when I was trying to log in into my laptop, I received this message "Your organization requires you to change your password" which was a weird thing because my account is personal not business and I have never signed in using any business account before on...
  5. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. Most likely your...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. Most likely your...: Has anyone been able to find an answer to this continual very annoying problem yet ? My desktop system is totally hardwired. I have never used WiFi. The enabling device & software are removed. The windows shared settings are all turned off. I do not share my Desktop with...
  7. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. Most likely your...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your microsoft account. Most likely your...: Ok, first off - I am a Cybersecurity Expert and I can promise you, my password did not change, I do not have the Nearby Devices checked as yes, or any other thing I found while looking at the forums. And, I do NOT want to use a single sign-on for everything that Microsoft...
  8. "your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "your organization requires you to change your password": I signed into my personal laptop with my school account and then removed it after figuring out that it didn't have what I need. About every month or so I get this message saying I need to change my pin. I looked it up but the only solution I found was for Windows 10...
  9. microsoft account problem,we need to fix your microsoft accountmost likely your password...

microsoft account problem,we need to fix your microsoft accountmost likely your password...: WHAT IS THIS ?Why are they asking for my email password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problemwe-need-to-fix-your/5aa68f90-46e6-42ff-8408-68c6deeac074
  10. i had a issue like forgot your password or don't see your account?

i had a issue like forgot your password or don't see your account?: select account [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-issue-like-forgot-your-password-or-dont/fafcc35c-3271-4d85-9e43-71ff97e14de9