Windows 10: "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message

Discus and support "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a tangly issue for me. Earlier this week, when I signed in to my work computer, there was a message saying: There is a problem with your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by asus2016, Aug 21, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

"There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message

This is a tangly issue for me. Earlier this week, when I signed in to my work computer, there was a message saying:
    It's a legitimate Microsoft message; you can find lots of pages online talking about it, but many are from Microsoft itself, with "copy/paste" one-size-fits-all ill-fitting "solutions."

I have not had a functionality problem with the computer, or with my copy of Office, this week. All work fine. So I'm inclined to ignore the error, except I hate having unresolved error messages.

The "tangle" I refer to in the issue is that the message doesn't even mention WHICH "Microsoft account" this pertains to. I have my Office suite set up using my work email and a unique-to-Office password. But on the same computer, I have a free-to-nonprofit Office environment set up in my browser, for volunteer work I do, and that has separate login credentials, and that also works fine.

I've used the Shared Experience settings too, to try to fix this, but, not knowing WHICH account is being referred to, and having everything work fine anyway, confuses me and doesn't give me much impetus to "fix" a problem that doesn't affect me, except for not liking the messages.

Suggestions? I want things to keep working - as they are - but I also want the error messages to stop pestering me.

:)

asus2016, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account sign in problem

Hello Sebastian,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• During when are you getting this error message?
    • Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account prior to this?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow these steps and check if this will help you in resolving the error message:

• Press Windows key + R and type services.msc.
    • Right-click Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose
      Properties
    • In Startup type, choose Automatic then click
      OK.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 21, 2020
  4. asus2016 Win User

This is a tangly issue for me. Earlier this week, when I signed in to my work computer, there was a message saying:
    It's a legitimate Microsoft message; you can find lots of pages online talking about it, but many are from Microsoft itself, with "copy/paste" one-size-fits-all ill-fitting "solutions."

I have not had a functionality problem with the computer, or with my copy of Office, this week. All work fine. So I'm inclined to ignore the error, except I hate having unresolved error messages.

The "tangle" I refer to in the issue is that the message doesn't even mention WHICH "Microsoft account" this pertains to. I have my Office suite set up using my work email and a unique-to-Office password. But on the same computer, I have a free-to-nonprofit Office environment set up in my browser, for volunteer work I do, and that has separate login credentials, and that also works fine.

I've used the Shared Experience settings too, to try to fix this, but, not knowing WHICH account is being referred to, and having everything work fine anyway, confuses me and doesn't give me much impetus to "fix" a problem that doesn't affect me, except for not liking the messages.

Suggestions? I want things to keep working - as they are - but I also want the error messages to stop pestering me.

asus2016, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. "There is a problem with your Microsoft account" message - Similar Threads - problem Microsoft account

2. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  3. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message: Every other login I get this message. It tells me to go to Shared experiences to "fix it." How do I get rid of this message for good? After I input my pin again, it then will say "all accounts are working correctly," and everything is working fine after that. How do I get rid...
  4. "Microsoft account problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-- Problem with your Microsoft account message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-- Problem with your Microsoft account message: After installing MSF 2020 several times, I am unable to launch it. I keep getting the message Opps- there is something wrong with your Microsoft account. When I go to my account there is are no issues noted. What's the fix? Very frustrating trying to get this program going....
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-- Problem with your Microsoft account message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-- Problem with your Microsoft account message: After installing MSF 2020 several times, I am unable to launch it. I keep getting the message Opps- there is something wrong with your Microsoft account. When I go to my account there is are no issues noted. What's the fix? Very frustrating trying to get this program going....
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020-- Problem with your Microsoft account message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Problem with Your Microsoft Account"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Problem with Your Microsoft Account": Hello,I'm getting daily message "Problem with your Microsoft account", which is than quickly fixed by clicking the message, showing the account page in settings and some moving dots ... only a few seconds. After that, everything seems to be fine ...until the next day. ......
  9. "Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts"

"Microsoft Account Problem" Message. "We Need to fix your Microsoft Accounts": This message appears almost at every login, usually after I first enter my pin. It also tells me to go to Shared Experiences. There it says that "Some of your accounts require attention." I click "Fix now" and then I have to enter my pin again. I enter my pin and then it says...
  10. Microsoft account problem message

Microsoft account problem message: Hi , We need to fix your Microsoft account. I keep getting this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-problem-message/7c081750-d66f-491b-a381-583b6fbf744b