Windows 10: There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the...

Discus and support There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Only small updated,why its become 4GB????... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AdrianTheLegend, Jul 16, 2020.

1. There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the...

Only small updated,why its become 4GB????

:)

AdrianTheLegend, Jul 16, 2020

2. Re-Installing the Microsoft Store

Hi Wisedred,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these steps to Reinstall and Re-Register all Windows apps for all accounts.

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Open Microsoft Store and install the game.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check if you are able to open Microsoft Store and then install the game, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the...

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the...

1. There is a small update on my game, only 4MB, why did the Microsoft store re-download the... - Similar Threads - small update game

2. Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  3. Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  4. Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?: Hi there!I'm having a lot of trouble with the Microsoft Store program on my system. I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with a Windows 11 system, and I'm up-to-date on all drivers. But I cannot update or install any programs from the Microsoft Store because it's stuck. It...
  5. Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating at all?: Hi there!I'm having a lot of trouble with the Microsoft Store program on my system. I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with a Windows 11 system, and I'm up-to-date on all drivers. But I cannot update or install any programs from the Microsoft Store because it's stuck. It...
  6. Why is my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating anything?: Whenever I attempt to download a new app the download never starts. It displays starting download and then gives an error saying "Something happened from our end". Even existing apps such as Mail and the calculator don't work anymore and can't be updated since updates also...
  7. Why is my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Microsoft Store not downloading or updating anything?: Whenever I attempt to download a new app the download never starts. It displays starting download and then gives an error saying "Something happened from our end". Even existing apps such as Mail and the calculator don't work anymore and can't be updated since updates also...
  8. Microsoft Office - small issues since re-downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office - small issues since re-downloading: I recently added a new 2TB SSD to my PC and moved a bunch of stuff around last night. This morning I realized I had gotten rid of Office before moving it to my new drive. I downloaded it all again this morning and realized a couple small changes. I use Outlook for my work...
  9. All Microsoft Store games required re-download after update

All Microsoft Store games required re-download after update: All of my games are gone. What the heck! My progress thankfully backed up. But now I have to download them all again. Why would this happen? I got the update last night!...
  10. Microsoft Store re-downloads game after a recent update

Microsoft Store re-downloads game after a recent update: Hello, after downloading an update for a microsoft game on PC, the store starts the entire download of the game even if it was installed in the first place. Are there any fixes for this? I got really slow internet, which makes a 30+ GB-download a real pain. Greetings...