Windows 10: There is an administrator name and email on my computer

Discus and support There is an administrator name and email on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop. There is an account registered with name and email. I have no idea who this person is and suspect the computer was previously... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EileenHR, Nov 2, 2020.

1. EileenHR Win User

There is an administrator name and email on my computer

I bought a new laptop. There is an account registered with name and email. I have no idea who this person is and suspect the computer was previously owned and sold to me as new. I cannot remove that name because it is listed as administrator. I can add my name but it makes me nervous. I have contacted Costco where I bought the computer and they advise to wipe the entire thing and start over. Not that they will do that, I would have to. And I have contacted HP who suggests I pay for a higher level of support. And I have contacted Microsoft who suggest I look at the forum where I do not find an answer. What I wouldn't give for someone who can help.

:)

EileenHR, Nov 2, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 2, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 2, 2020
  4. YansDell Win User

Rename Administrator Name Windows10

After hours of trying to rename Administrator, between local group search and other steps i found on internet only to come to dead end because Windows 10 does not have local group management, I renamed the profile name under the Microsoft account/email,
    re started the computer and voila! Administrator name changed! So simple!! Hope this helps!

YansDell, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. There is an administrator name and email on my computer - Similar Threads - administrator name email

2. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  3. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  4. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator: One of the pc's in my network keeps changing it's name to Administrator. If I change it back to what I need it to be and restart, it works but only until the next restart where something changes it back to Administrator. None of my other computers are affected by this. It...
  6. Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator: One of the pc's in my network keeps changing it's name to Administrator. If I change it back to what I need it to be and restart, it works but only until the next restart where something changes it back to Administrator. None of my other computers are affected by this. It...
  7. Something keeps changing my computer name to Administrator

8. Renaming Computer name and administrator name throughout

Renaming Computer name and administrator name throughout: Hi, After renaming the computer name and administrator name, I noticed that changes do not get done throughout. How to rename the computer and administrator so that it must be updated throughout? If it’s in a network, changes must be updated throughout the network....
  9. My email name

My email name: My email name is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** It shows my email name as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-name/f01bc80f-4cf0-4557-9949-336fbd576704
  10. change network computer name to match my administrative name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change network computer name to match my administrative name: I am administrator on this computer. My network computer says Linda's PC. How do I change it to read Linda Dattilo Administrator. How do I login as administrator? I am the only one that owns and uses this computer.... Thanks Linda...