Windows 10: There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

Discus and support There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tyson Hernberg, May 17, 2022.

1. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

What is this?

:)

Tyson Hernberg, May 17, 2022

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over... :D

PVTCaboose1337, May 17, 2022
  3. Unable to remove a show hidden icon in Windows 10

Hello -

I am working with an end user to resolve an issue with an icon that appears in the hidden tray. The icon appears when the the application is launched and for some reason, when the end user is running automated tests, the icon will begin to morph into multiple icons which impacts the tests. If you connect to the PC, you can hover over the multiple icons which will force them to disappear but this is far from being an ideal workaround.

I've attempted to resolve this issue by going into Settings/Personalization/Taskbar/ but most of the options apply only to icons that appear on the taskbar and not within the hidden icons section. I can drag/drop the icon directly onto the taskbar from the hidden icons section but when I go back to the "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" section, it reappears back within the hidden icons section.

To make things even more challenging, the software in question is homegrown and there's no information online.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

omarjohnson231, May 17, 2022
  4. aigo Win User

There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for all the suggestions:

• Winamp appears twice because I was annoyed it was getting lost/hidden, as well, so I installed Winamp agent, whose purpose is to always appear in the taskbar -- sometimes when Winamp becomes hidden like Volume/Power, the agent is always there. It's intentional There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over... :)
    • Yes, thankfully, the icons do correspond to the right system app/third-party app. Clicking on it does run it properly. It's just physically hidden until I go to Settings to dis/enable it that it returns back into view (BUT bumps another icon off the carousel)
    • I have one toolbar, the Win7 traditional "Quick launch" installed, native function, non-third party. No other toolbars/link/manually created element. I do have the "Show desktop" button there, but it fortunately doesn't touch any of the taskbar items when used. I have tried locking and unlocking the taskbar many times without change. I also have Classic Shell running (installed day one of Windows), never had an issue, in case it looks different. Here's a full screencap of the start menu here :

There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over... [​IMG]

I do hope it's a simple registry hack that's limiting the displayed icons to ~4-5, forcing the rightmost one go into hiding. But have no idea which key might be responsible...? Aside from IconStreams (which I've deleted manually, and used the Tenforums batch file that resets it and restarts Explorer.exe)

Much appreciated!

Thema:

There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

1. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over... - Similar Threads - Icon appeared hidden

2. Computer Icons appear when i show hidden icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Icons appear when i show hidden icons: For some reason, sometimes computer icons appear when i open the hidden icons tab, it always shows at least one of it, but when i put my mouse on top of them they disappear, before appearing again later, sometimes a lot of them show up, covering my monitors...
  3. Computer Icons appear when i show hidden icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Icons appear when i show hidden icons: For some reason, sometimes computer icons appear when i open the hidden icons tab, it always shows at least one of it, but when i put my mouse on top of them they disappear, before appearing again later, sometimes a lot of them show up, covering my monitors...
  4. Computer Icons appear when i show hidden icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  6. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  7. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  8. weird icon that disappears when i hover

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird icon that disappears when i hover: hello this icon keeps showing and when i hover it goes every time [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icon-that-disappears-when-i-hover/3733220b-c6aa-4086-8914-7828b25548ec
  9. Tabs disappear when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs disappear when i hover over them: When i move my mouse or use the touchpad and move the cursor over a window like powerpoint it immideatly shrinks. To work around this i have to make sure that only the application i want to use is open and i cant have multiple ones open at the same time. How do i fix this?...
  10. systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

in Windows 10 Support
    systray hidden icons disappear when moused over: when rebooted this issue does not happen. After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them. I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever. any clues will be helpful. 40820