Windows 10: THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP

Discus and support THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer audio is not working, it is showing that my computer audio is muted. When I am clicking on the sound option it is showing that 'No Audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dipankardebsarkar, May 6, 2021.

1. THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP

My computer audio is not working, it is showing that my computer audio is muted. When I am clicking on the sound option it is showing that 'No Audio Device Output is installed'. When I am trying to manage my audio devices it is showing that there are no audio devices. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.*Moved from Feedback*

:)

dipankardebsarkar, May 6, 2021
  2. Julie Ram Win User

no audio devices on laptop

Hi Bradley,

Corrupted audio driver is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to find it the device manager. Before we proceed in resolving this, I may need to know a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any third-party security software installed?
    • Have you done some troubleshooting steps so far?
    • What is the current build and version of Windows?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the device troubleshooter found on this
    link.

You may also check this article to fix sound problems.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Julie Ram, May 6, 2021
  3. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, May 6, 2021
  4. THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP

No audio device in my hp laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 6, 2021
Thema:

THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP

1. THERE IS NO AUDIO DEVICE ON MY LAPTOP - Similar Threads - AUDIO DEVICE LAPTOP

2. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed on laptop: Good afternoon, When my daughter switched her HP laptop on this morning and tried to play music via an app e.g., YouTube there was no audio output. When checking the taskbar, the speaker has an "X" applied to it with the message "No audio device is installed". I tried the...
  3. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed on laptop: Good afternoon, When my daughter switched her HP laptop on this morning and tried to play music via an app e.g., YouTube there was no audio output. When checking the taskbar, the speaker has an "X" applied to it with the message "No audio device is installed". I tried the...
  4. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed on laptop: Good afternoon,When my daughter switched her HP laptop on this morning and tried to play music via an app e.g., YouTube there was no audio output.When checking the taskbar, the speaker has an "X" applied to it with the message "No audio device is installed".I tried the...
  6. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed on laptop: Good afternoon,When my daughter switched her HP laptop on this morning and tried to play music via an app e.g., YouTube there was no audio output.When checking the taskbar, the speaker has an "X" applied to it with the message "No audio device is installed".I tried the...
  7. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No Audio Output Device is installed || No Audio from laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio Output Device is installed || No Audio from laptop: [ATTACH] Headphone also not working. https://preview.redd.it/syhqixzaido61.png?width=531&format=png&auto=webp&s=4581fe90ce31926ab29a00b75ceaf721dc37eaaa In Device Manager. inside Sound, video and game controller - RealTek Drivers are missing and in system devices...
  9. Laptop Input audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Input audio device: I do not appear to have any audio input devices available. This is shown in the Settings page under Sound. How can I add an audio input device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-input-audio-device/5740b77b-88c5-4579-b547-581e43247808
  10. my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop will not discover blue tooth audio device: my Windows 10 Lenovo G500s Touch will not discover my Bose SoundLink speaker. I have no other devices to try to discover but I reset the device and my phone discovered it and linked up with no problem. When I try to find the speaker, the laptop just searches endlessly with no...