Windows 10: There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

Discus and support There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this problems before on my old laptop and one day it just magically fixed itself and I don't know how. I just got this new pc and there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALTay12, Dec 13, 2020.

1. ALTay12 Win User

There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

I've had this problems before on my old laptop and one day it just magically fixed itself and I don't know how.

I just got this new pc and there isn't a slider to change brightness, nor is there an option in the settings. I've tried updating the driver, my monitor is set to Generic PnP monitor, and in the advanced settings of my power options there is no option besides "Turn off display after" under the display tab. Everything I have tried has failed, is there anyway I can fix this?

:)

ALTay12, Dec 13, 2020
  2. DirigoX Win User

Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

whenever I try to change my brightness the screen brightness just quite simply doesn't change whatsoever. When I adjust my brightness slider in setting nothing happens. This only occurs when my computer is plugged in however the brightness will change
    when not plugged in. My question is just how do I change my brightness when the computer is plugged in im used to having my screens be somewhat dark so it hurts my eyes.

DirigoX, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness
    level(I dont know to what %). Now, I'm stuck. I tried updating drivers too. Nothing helped.

I'm thinking it's probably due to the recent update I received for the display from windows.

P.S. I have signed up for windows insider programme.

sandessapkota, Dec 13, 2020
  4. There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

1. There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness - Similar Threads - brightness slider impossible

2. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  3. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  4. Brightness slider not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider not functioning: Good afternoon! Today I have a driver issue. In windows, the brightness slider does not adjust the brightness of my laptop monitor. I have tried everything, from registries to device manager, and this is my last attempt to find an solution that doesn't involve me wiping my...
  5. brightness slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  6. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  7. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  8. Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider

Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider: I have been unable to adjust my brightness on my laptop. It seems like anything related to the idea of "brightness" has been wiped from my computer: no brightness slider in display settings, no slider in the Action Center, can't use my keyboard shortcuts (Fn + F11/F12), and...
  9. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0
  10. Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

Brightness slider doesnt change brightness: whenever I try to change my brightness the screen brightness just quite simply doesn't change whatsoever. When I adjust my brightness slider in setting nothing happens. This only occurs when my computer is plugged in however the brightness will change when not plugged in. My...