Windows 10: There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

Discus and support There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've installed handwriting on my keyboard yet I don't see any way to insert handwriting in this Chinese keyboard, Unlike the Japanese keyboard where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeNguyen Anh DO, Jan 12, 2023.

1. There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

I've installed handwriting on my keyboard yet I don't see any way to insert handwriting in this Chinese keyboard, Unlike the Japanese keyboard where it has an IME pad, This one doesnt.

:)

LeNguyen Anh DO, Jan 12, 2023

2. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

I followed the following procedure in window 10

• In the Cortana box type 'Region'.
    • Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.
    • Click on 'Add a Language'.
    • From the list of languages select Chinese Simplified.
    • Select Chinese (Simplified, China).
    • Click on Language pack available.
    • Click on Options button.
    I did see Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin when clicking to select language.

However, after selecting "Chinese (Simplified, China)", it actually produce Traditional Chinese when using pinyin keyboard in window 10

This issue looks to be described at the following link too:

Redirecting

=============== I have just found the reason as shown below. The issue is now resolved. =================

There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11 [​IMG]

maple_gluo, Jan 12, 2023
  3. OTEC.CA Win User
    Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

How to HanYuPinYin to input Traditional Chinese in Windows 10?

step 1: In Windows 10 , go to "settings"; "Time &" Language"; "Region & Language"; "Add a language"; "Chinese (Simplied)".

please note: the (Simplified) includes the Traditional words.

Step 2: under the "Language", select "中文(中华人民共和国)“;”Options“; ”Keyboards“;select ”Microsoft Pinyin“;”options“。

Step 3:under ”Microsoft PinYin“, select”Character sets”, choose A character sets from (simplified Chinese) to (Traditional Chinese). The job is done!

Please note: Although you can use this method to input hanyupinyin and get the traditional Chinese characters, but if you need to switch to Simplified Chinese, you have to go to the step 3 again and change the Character Set from Traditional Chinese to the
    Simplified Chinese. I hope Microsoft or its developers can add some patch to fix it so that in the future, users can easily switch language from English or Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified modes.

Some other people suggested to use HongKong Traditional Chinese and bopomofo keyboard, but you can not select the candidite font (同音字)。I think Microsoft engineer may fix this bug in the future.

OTEC.CA, Jan 12, 2023
  4. rdbusser Win User

There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

No personalization Traditional Chinese Pinyin IME

Hi,

This is not very relevant to this particular problem, which occurs when the language pack and the IME is already installed and in use.

The problem is that when you use the “Microsoft Pinyin Input method" to type traditional rather than simplified Chinese characters, the personalisation options are all grayed out. As a result the IME will not remember your most commonly used characters,
    which makes typing in Chinese extremely laborious. This problem does not occur when you set the same IME to "Simplified Chinese".

My questions are:

- Is it possible to turn personalisation on for Traditional Chinese? This is not straightforwardly possible in the settings.

- Or alternatively, is there an IME for using Hanyu Pinyin to type Traditional Chinese Characters which is equivalent to or better than the Microsoft Pinyin IME.

rdbusser, Jan 12, 2023
Thema:

There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

1. There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - IME pad Simplified

2. Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard: I could not use the pinyin keyboard.When I changed to the Simplified Chinese China keyboard, a small window of 'Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet' popped out. When I tried to download the basic typing, handwriting, and speech recognition software, the...
  3. Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard: I could not use the pinyin keyboard.When I changed to the Simplified Chinese China keyboard, a small window of 'Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet' popped out. When I tried to download the basic typing, handwriting, and speech recognition software, the...
  4. There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11: I've installed handwriting on my keyboard yet I don't see any way to insert handwriting in this Chinese keyboard, Unlike the Japanese keyboard where it has an IME pad, This one doesnt....
  5. Unable to install Microsoft pinyin for Simplified Chinese Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Microsoft pinyin for Simplified Chinese Language: 1. I already instaleed chinese language pack in my Windows setting app2. However, everytime i switch my typing language to Chinese, it doesn't works and this notification comes out3. I click on the notification and get into the language section in setting app4. I add a new...
  6. Unable to install Microsoft pinyin for Simplified Chinese Language

Unable to install Microsoft pinyin for Simplified Chinese Language: 1. I already instaleed chinese language pack in my Windows setting app2. However, everytime i switch my typing language to Chinese, it doesn't works and this notification comes out3. I click on the notification and get into the language section in setting app4. I add a new...
  7. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  8. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  9. The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work: I've been trying for hours to get the pinyin to work but still hasn't. Whenever I try to add tones to the letters, it just turns into the regular numbers. I don't know how it stopped working in the first place and i need it to work so that I can be able to add pronunciation...
  10. Chinese keyboard and pinyin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese keyboard and pinyin: Hi, I'm learning chinese so I need to write in it often. But recently I've had a problem: when I write in pinyin I can't see options of hanzi to choose one, I just write pinyin and when I type a space a hanzi appears, sometimes it is the correct but not always. what can I do...