Windows 10: There is no option for Sound Equalizer

Discus and support There is no option for Sound Equalizer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I keep reading about how to find the Equalizer option in Windows 10. I've even watched videos. But the option for Equalizer does not exist in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattC44, Dec 12, 2020.

1. MattC44 Win User

There is no option for Sound Equalizer

Hello. I keep reading about how to find the Equalizer option in Windows 10. I've even watched videos. But the option for Equalizer does not exist in my system. The only options I have in my Speakers Properties under the Enhancement tab are Bass Boost, Virtual Surround, Room Correction, and Loudness Equalization. And Loudness Equalization is not a graphic equalizer. Is there something wrong with my device? Where is the equalizer? Thank you. Matt

:)

MattC44, Dec 12, 2020

2. Sound Equalizer

Hi Benjamin,

We'd like to ask for additional information so we can provide the appropriate solution to your concern. Please answer the following:

• Are you using an external or internal speaker?
    • If you are using an external speaker, it depends with the driver of your device if there is an equalizer included in the settings, have you already checked if there is an equalizer option included in it?
    • For initial troubleshooting, we recommend that you run the built-in troubleshooter.
    • On the Search bar, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click it from the search result.
    • In the Control Panel, click View all.
    • Locate Playing Audio to automatically address the sound issue.
    • Follow on-screen guide.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Weird issue with sounds

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite annoying when you have to change audio settings frequently. The volume of the audio might reduce automatically, if Loudness Equalization is enabled in audio enhancements.

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Disable the Loudness Equalization from audio enhancements settings.

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds option from the list.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Now right-click on the Speakers and select
      Properties from the list.
    5. Click on the Enhancements tab.
    6. Uncheck Loudness Equalization option.

Also, change the option under communication tab from sound settings. Follow steps mentioned below:

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select ‘Sounds’ option from the list.
    3. Now click on the ‘Communications’ tab.
    4. Select ‘Do nothing’ options from the list.

Method 2: If you still face the issue, we can try running the
    Audio Troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on ‘Windows + I’ on the keyboard.
    2. Click on ‘Update & Security’ option.
    3. Select ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
    4. Now click on the ‘Playing Audio’ from the list and ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 12, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue There is no option for Sound Equalizer :p

cadaveca, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. There is no option for Sound Equalizer - Similar Threads - option Sound Equalizer

2. Equalizer and other options not available in Realtek.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Equalizer and other options not available in Realtek.: So I Recently upgraded my mobo to a b650m PRO RSSo my current headphones need equalizer to sound good so i looked for Realtek HD Audio Manger it cant be foundTurns out its the Audio Console now so i checked there still no equalizer or such.I dont even have enchancments in the...
  3. Equalizer and other options not available in Realtek.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equalizer and other options not available in Realtek.: So I Recently upgraded my mobo to a b650m PRO RSSo my current headphones need equalizer to sound good so i looked for Realtek HD Audio Manger it cant be foundTurns out its the Audio Console now so i checked there still no equalizer or such.I dont even have enchancments in the...
  4. Equalizer and other options not available in Realtek.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to enable sound equalization in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable sound equalization in windows 11: I am attempting to enable audio equalization for windows 11. I followed a video tutorial, by downloading the latest Realtek audio driver, then opening my sound settings and enabling the equalizer. I am not given this option. I see no equalizer selection in my sound settings....
  6. sound options

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  7. Equalizer or sound conditioning for media player???

Equalizer or sound conditioning for media player???: Media player used to have an equalizer and sound conditioning. I cannot find this anymore in windows 10. I tried checking for plug ins, but they all seem to want subscriptions for $$$ to use them or they will insert ads! All the software I have had, never had to...
  8. "Sound Equalizer"

"Sound Equalizer": I have a Dell Vostro 3583 Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I bought external, speakers. Their great! Plugs into a USB port. Now, all my music, videos, movies, sound great! I do have one question? The sound, I hear . . . is a bit bassey. The mids, and high end, need boosting!...
  9. sound equalization on windows10

sound equalization on windows10: how do i adjust/access the equalizer on Windows10? when i play music thru my JBL mobile speaker it sounds so flat. On any other device, my JBL sounds totally rockin'....
  10. Is there a Global Sound Equalizer for Windows 10?

Is there a Global Sound Equalizer for Windows 10?: Is there a global sound equalizer for windows 10? I need one to tweak the sound of my bluetooth headset which sounds crappy. Let me know guys where I can download it from. 75004