Windows 10: There is no option for Wifi on my PC

Discus and support There is no option for Wifi on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I just got a new PC recently, but when I booted it up there was no option to connect to any WiFi. So I tried looking around and when I checked on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pandapumpkun, Mar 24, 2020.

1. There is no option for Wifi on my PC

So I just got a new PC recently, but when I booted it up there was no option to connect to any WiFi. So I tried looking around and when I checked on my internet settings and clicked on "change adapter options" I was surprised to see that there was only Ethernet capabilities, and when I checked my device manager there was no WiFi drivers under "Network Adapters." I somehow got to a setting where I was able to try and install it, but it said that I wasn't allowed to because it was blocked by the administrator. Which I'm not sure if that means the computer admin or something else, but if it is the computer admin then that would be kinda strange because the account I am on is the admin. Anyways if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know because my Ethernet cable is no long enough to reach where my PC is set up currently.

Thanks

:)

Pandapumpkun, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 24, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 24, 2020
  4. There is no option for Wifi on my PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

There is no option for Wifi on my PC

1. There is no option for Wifi on my PC - Similar Threads - option Wifi

2. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853
  3. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853
  4. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....
  5. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

Internet/ WiFi option not showing: My internet connection option/ wifi option and Bluetooth option is not showing. I tried to restart my pc multiple times, also shut it down and on it multiple times but it's still not resolved yet. Troubleshoot option is also not working because of no internet connection....
  6. Internet/ WiFi option not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop: I don't find wifi option on my setting. How can I able to connect wifi on my laptop? Please help me. I need to submit my project tomorrow morning. It's part of my final exam. Please help me to resolve my problem soonThank you...
  8. I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop

I don't able to see wifi option on my laptop: I don't find wifi option on my setting. How can I able to connect wifi on my laptop? Please help me. I need to submit my project tomorrow morning. It's part of my final exam. Please help me to resolve my problem soonThank you...
  9. Computer has no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth: So I had recently built a personal desktop using custom parts, and after powering it on I have no option to connect to a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/ethernet. On my Hardware/connection properties, it says that there's a Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller and the status is not...
  10. Computer has no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth

Computer has no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth: So I had recently built a personal desktop using custom parts, and after powering it on I have no option to connect to a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/ethernet. On my Hardware/connection properties, it says that there's a Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller and the status is not...