Windows 10: There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?

Discus and support There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example notepad after having modified text submitted by /u/International-Art776 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/International-Art776, Mar 19, 2021.

1. There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?

/u/International-Art776, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Tatty_One Win User

There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there?

1. There is no option to disable being asked to save on closing files or is there? - Similar Threads - option disable being

2. file not being saved to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  3. file not being saved to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  4. File Explorer - Save As options help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Save As options help: How do I stop Windows from remembering the last folder I saved to? I don't know how else to ask this but when I click 'Save As' on a web document or a picture in Google Chrome, I don't want the file explorer prompt to open to the last folder I saved a doc or image to. I just...
  5. File Explorer - Save As options help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Save As options help: How do I stop Windows from remembering the last folder I saved to? I don't know how else to ask this but when I click 'Save As' on a web document or a picture in Google Chrome, I don't want the file explorer prompt to open to the last folder I saved a doc or image to. I just...
  6. Files not being saved to new drive even though I selected the option to save to that drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not being saved to new drive even though I selected the option to save to that drive: So I recently filled up my SSD and now I am trying to use my other drive. I went to settings and then storage then I went to "change where new content is saved" and chose my hard disk. However, when I changed my new incoming files to be located into the hard disk the files...
  7. Why are my files being saved as a .21 File?

Why are my files being saved as a .21 File?: Why are my files being saved as a .21 File instead of just as a .pdf?! When i send documents to others, they have issues trying to open them, and that is how i found out that EVERY time i save a pdf document, it is being saved as a .21 file automatically. I have researched...
  8. Saving problem. Asking to save a file too many times.

Saving problem. Asking to save a file too many times.: My PC is asking to save a file too many times in MS Word 2007 and in Paint. What to do ?Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-problem-asking-to-save-a-file-too-many/5a3a0889-c281-4753-8c44-6d3c42d0d740
  9. Not being able to save files in drive

Not being able to save files in drive: Ive had this problem from a long time, but it is that i cannot save files at my 2nd hard drive. Local Disk C: ended space and i need some, but i cant download stuff nor save stuff there. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being asked to set up OneDrive for file recovery options in case of a ransomware attack: Just lately, every time I load up my computer, the Windows Defender icon in the notification area shows up with a black exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle When I click on the Windows Defender icon, it brings up the Windows Defender Security Centre. On the, 'Virus &...