Windows 10: There is No option to Disable Bitlocker

Discus and support There is No option to Disable Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My external hard has been encrypted by Bitlocker and I don't remember the Password. I googled the issue, and I realized the bitlocker... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniel-Aus, Oct 11, 2020.

1. There is No option to Disable Bitlocker

Hi everyone,

My external hard has been encrypted by Bitlocker and I don't remember the Password.

I googled the issue, and I realized the bitlocker can be disabled from Control Panel, but the problem is I am not be able to see any option that driver, although I am Admin to the system:

There is No option to Disable Bitlocker aae0c8b5-6ea4-4bdc-beb4-6491c76cb24d?upload=true.jpg

Is it a bug in my system?

I have heaps of important information in my hard. Request to help.

P.S. I tried Power Shell solution as well, and it failed.

:)

Daniel-Aus, Oct 11, 2020

2. How to disable Bitlocker?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and click on
    Control Panel.

2. Change View by from Category
    to Large Icons/Small Icons.

3. Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
    Turn BitLocker Off.

4. Follow on screen instructions. Click on
    Decrypt the Drive
    when the message appears.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 11, 2020
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

There is No option to Disable Bitlocker

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

There is No option to Disable Bitlocker

1. There is No option to Disable Bitlocker - Similar Threads - option Disable Bitlocker

2. Unable to Disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Disable bitlocker: I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy book pro 2 Brand new no previous owners. When plugging in external drive it prompts me to enter a 48 digit pin. Now i have access to the pin, the issue is that i cant disable bit locker i have tried through the cmd prompt and through...
  3. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  4. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  5. NOT WORKING BITLOCKER OPTION

NOT WORKING BITLOCKER OPTION: IT SAYS THIS.Try a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-working-bitlocker-option/b4e11222-de5d-4866-bbd4-f26a81405438
  6. NOT WORKING BITLOCKER OPTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NOT WORKING BITLOCKER OPTION: IT SAYS THIS.Try a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-working-bitlocker-option/b4e11222-de5d-4866-bbd4-f26a81405438
  7. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  8. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  9. My BitLocker in disabled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My BitLocker in disabled.: My BitLocker in disabled and it won't engage.. I do not know what my BitLocker Key is or where it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-bitlocker-in-disabled/c317b369-c5a8-42c7-98f0-ed4c6f91b4ac
  10. No options to manage Bitlocker To Go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No options to manage Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, I have another post out there concerning a related issue, but I wanted to ask if anybody has either seen this same issue or can explain why I'm having this issue. When I got to Control Panel > System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption I don't have manage...