Windows 10: There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts

Discus and support There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a ultrawide monitor and know about a Snap Assist feature. There are a lot of cases when this feature is useless. For example, I can't share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Telamar, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Telamar Win User

There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts

Hi,

I have a ultrawide monitor and know about a Snap Assist feature.
    There are a lot of cases when this feature is useless.
    For example, I can't share only right or left half of my desktop via Microsoft Teams or Skype.
    Also, I can't easily split my apps between three desktop areas ultrawide monitor vs 3 simple monitors.
    I met other issues and disadvantages.

@Microsoft Assistants
    Do you have plans to introduce the real splitting instead of using the 'snapping'?

@Community
    Does anyone have same problems?

P.S. Ultrawide monitors are popular now homeworking and social distance.
    P.S. I don't want to use third-party programs.

:)

Telamar, Nov 19, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 19, 2020
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 19, 2020
  4. sky354 Win User

Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen

Hi,

I am trying to split my virtual desktop(Citrix) between my laptop and the monitor.

When I drag the vdi in between both laptop screen and monitor and maximize it, It splits the desktop, however, the desktop comes only half on the monitor and half of the monitor keeps the original desktop making it impossible to work. Please suggest a solution
    for this.

sky354, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

1. There is no possibility to split a monitor to 2 or 3 parts - Similar Threads - possibility split monitor

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. 3 Monitors are shown but only 2 are connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitors are shown but only 2 are connected: I downloaded cuda for my computer and now I see 3 monitors instead of 2 in the computer settings. When I move my mouse across the monitors to the third one I don't really have it dissapears and I have to drag it a lot back before it enters my actual monitors again.One of my...
  5. Split monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Split monitors: HOW do I correct my display monitors as they show 1/2. And not separate. 1. And. 2... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-monitors/c6f4b6b3-3794-4f26-8df5-ef7318611748
  6. Split monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Split monitors: HOW do I correct my display monitors as they show 1/2. And not separate. 1. And. 2... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-monitors/c6f4b6b3-3794-4f26-8df5-ef7318611748
  7. split color monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    split color monitor: My computer monitor has been split into two one part is white and the other part dark which blurs everything there. How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-color-monitor/3b7802be-33aa-402c-8e1d-320ad74eb11b
  8. 3 way screen split

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 way screen split: Hi, My system seems to have updated, with a new feature which automatically splits my screen either left or right when I drag it from the top. Problem is I need it 3-way, but this is not an option. Every help page I have found says to drag to the corner, but videos and...
  9. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds: I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1...
  10. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?: After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple monitors for months without issue. However as of this morning, I can only get 2/3 of my monitors to work at one time. I can...