Windows 10: There is no region to choose from

Discus and support There is no region to choose from in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I installed windows 10 (1909) on this old laptop a couple of months ago, shortly after the Windows Store stopped working with error 0x80131500, back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Captian_ZeroFox, May 27, 2020.

1. There is no region to choose from

So I installed windows 10 (1909) on this old laptop a couple of months ago, shortly after the Windows Store stopped working with error 0x80131500, back then I tried some solutions from the internet that didn't worked, so I just ignored the problem, until today. I have interest in installing an app from the store but it keeps showing me that error message, I tried a lot of solutions this time (like re-registering the store, "reinstalling" it, resetting it...) with no change...

So I checked the event viewer to see if I can get a hint on what's up with the store, there are a lot of warnings and couple of erros for each time refresh the error on the store. One of the logs mention a "not available in your region" error, I went to check in what region I left the PC, and found that the region selection box is blank, and there is no region to choose from.

I read on the internet that the region is important for apps, and if it is blank then I'm assuming that this is my problem.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

submitted by /u/Captian_ZeroFox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Captian_ZeroFox, May 27, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 27, 2020
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, May 27, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

There is no region to choose from

I cannot change my region from Afganistan

Hello Tony,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly verify which program are you trying to change the region. If you're changing the region or your country of your Windows 10 computer, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language icon.
    • Select Region & language on the left side.
    • Choose your Country or region.
    • You can now close Settings if you like.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, May 27, 2020
Thema:

There is no region to choose from

1. There is no region to choose from - Similar Threads - region choose

2. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  3. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  4. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  5. Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...

Store location based on Windows regional setting => Expats can never buy anything in the...: My Windows regional setting is set to a different country to the place where I live. Trying to buy something in the Windows Store, the country and postcode are fixed to my Windows setting.How can I ever buy anything?...
  6. Cant change region for child and parent account

Cant change region for child and parent account: HelloI am unable to change my Region for my microsoft account or my childs account. I had a chat with one of the support staff through the Microsoft support chat but they said they cant help me because its a family account issue.Please can someone assist.I am coming from the...
  7. Cannot change or choose a region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change or choose a region: So I just installed window 10 and I reboot my computer but now my issue is that I can change région or even choose on I don’t the curser of my mouse and nothing is working. I also restart my computer a number of times and it goes back to that situation...
  8. Cannot change or choose a region

Cannot change or choose a region: So I just installed window 10 and I reboot my computer but now my issue is that I can change région or even choose on I don’t the curser of my mouse and nothing is working. I also restart my computer a number of times and it goes back to that situation...
  9. Cannot change or choose a region

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Installed Windows 10 from USB drive, now stuck at setup. Jumps back to "choose your region"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Windows 10 from USB drive, now stuck at setup. Jumps back to "choose your region": I have been on a quest to "reset PC" - which I could not get to work. SFC scanner failed as well, and so on and so on. I finally managed - I think - to create a so called "install media". Windows 10 on a USB drive, as I prefer to call it. Then I managed to boot from this...