Windows 10: There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

Discus and support There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by drizztdourden, Jun 13, 2019.

1. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

Hello,

I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder.

My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images in there.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I am using windows 10 Pro, version 1803, OS Build 17134.829

Thanks in advanced.

:)

drizztdourden, Jun 13, 2019

2. Spotlight on lock screen is not working while I see the Assets folder being populated

I have followed all procedures to get Spot light to work. I have tried these steps:

But still Spotlight on the lock screen is not working. After emptying the Assets folder and going into the lock screen settings, where I change from Picture to Spotlight, I do see the Assets folder being populated with new images.

BUT they are not showing when my screen is locked.

Please help me out here

AlvinBakker, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 spotlight not downloading images to assets folder

Hello

I have windows 10 spotlight was fine until one day it got stuck with one image and then looking for fix i deleted the contents from assets folder(which i think was a bad idea now ) .

Now even if i have spotlight configured at the boot lock screen will show images from the pictures section and after boot win +L i have plane wings lock screen from spotlight section.

I have tried all the fixes in internet and nothing really works .(DSM,restore health ,applying the powershell script etc ..).

I am not seeing any apps or like or not a fan button on spotlight lockscreen .

Please help me .

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Aditya Mukundan, Jun 13, 2019
  4. xdavidliu Win User

There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

windows 10 spotlight images are not in the Assets folder, contrary to previous answers

I found the issue, and it was embarrassingly simple. The wifi on that machine was manually turned off for another unrelated reason so spotlight wasn't actually working, as a previous comment pointed out. When the internet was re-enabled, several wallpaper images >500 kb immediately appeared in the assets folder.

(one part is slightly strange though; when wifi was not enabled, the lock screen still did have one background image, and that image wasn't in the assets folder).

xdavidliu, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

1. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder - Similar Threads - Spotlight images Assets

2. Assets folder for Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assets folder for Windows Spotlight: Hello, I was having issues with windows and windows spotlight was one of the problems. I noticed that in this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets,there would be 6 files downloaded each day...
  3. Assets folder for Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assets folder for Windows Spotlight: Hello, I was having issues with windows and windows spotlight was one of the problems. I noticed that in this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets,there would be 6 files downloaded each day...
  4. Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock: To keep it brief: Windows Spotlight wasn't alternating photos every few days like it should just re[eatedly showing the same one.So I manually reset Spotlight by cleaning out the assets Method 2 in this article....
  5. Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight: Assets Random and Replacement roaming.lock: To keep it brief: Windows Spotlight wasn't alternating photos every few days like it should just re[eatedly showing the same one.So I manually reset Spotlight by cleaning out the assets Method 2 in this article....
  6. Assets Folder - Spotlight images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assets Folder - Spotlight images: Hi, I was trying to save spotlight images to my laptop as I often do but this time I forgot to copy paste the images in another folder and when I typed get-childitem % { rename-item $_ "$_.jpg"} on powershell it applied to the assets folder. And since then I don't have...
  7. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  8. no images in assets folder (windows spotlight)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no images in assets folder (windows spotlight): hi, for weeks now, the assets folder (windows spotlight), has no any image, i tried to reset it with powershell, but nothing. it doesn't download any image, you know why?...
  9. There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    There is no Spotlight images in Assets Folder: Hello, I was trying to copy all my spotlight images, but the thing is there was only some logos, animation images, cartoon character pictures...etc. in the assets folder. My spotlight is on and works fine, but somehow system didn't save my spotlight images...
  10. Spotlight images question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...