Windows 10: There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click...

Discus and support There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don't know which would be more charitable, to attribute this design decision to outright hostile design practices, or to such incalculably massive... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnLockeTheOG, Apr 25, 2020.

1. There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click...

I don't know which would be more charitable, to attribute this design decision to outright hostile design practices, or to such incalculably massive incompetence. If you so much as accidentally hit the option to create a PIN for logging in, then you are forced into the process of creating a PIN despite the fact that you need to log in TWICE to do this once with the local password and then once with the microsoft account login details, and despite the fact that the operating system runs in regular mode in the background during the entirety of this process as evidenced by the fact that you can alt-tab to different windows which are covered up by this absolutely INFURIATING commandment that I create a PIN. Literally, the OS has everything I want to do running in the background, but because I accidentally hit some "create a PIN" button which IS NOT LABELLED AS A "CREATE A PIN" BUTTON, I am now held captive by my OS.

I understand that what I need to do is to 1 create the PIN and then 2 go deep into my settings to remove it.

I want a no-BS answer on WHY this design decision was made. This was not a mistake or fluke in design. This was intentional. You have to go above and beyond the normal process of creating a regular window to create one which is /always fullscreen/ and which /sits on top of anything you can tab to/, which /locks you out of pressing the home button/, and which /contains no buttons to minimize or exit/. This is malicious design. I want to know why. This violates so many principles of design. Why.

:)

JohnLockeTheOG, Apr 25, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Settings, Adding a pin not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Instead of entering a password, you can sign in quickly with a four-digit PIN. I suggest you to follow the steps below to create a PIN to make sure that you're following the right way :

• Go to Start , and select Settings > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.
    • If you don't have a password on your account, you'll need to create a password before you can create a PIN.
    • Confirm your current password, and then you can create a PIN.
    • Now you can sign in using your four-digit PIN.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 25, 2020
  4. JayPhi Win User

There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click...

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click...

1. There is no way to back out of creating a PIN for Windows 10 once you accidentally click... - Similar Threads - creating PIN once

2. I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?: I would also like to know were do backups of paint 3d are in my pc, because it doesn't appear in my saved projects in paint 3d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-clicked-on-not-saving-a-file-in/8fdac6f5-9300-4a52-8593-b22d9b06e7d2
  3. Something Happened and you PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something Happened and you PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.: I woke up this morning with this issue. I have followed multiple forums to try and resolve the issue. Unfortunately when I follow the troubleshooting options that my laptop provides, it asks me to log in to my Microsoft account. When I put in my password, it tells me my...
  4. Something Happened and you PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something Happened and you PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.: I woke up this morning with this issue. I have followed multiple forums to try and resolve the issue. Unfortunately when I follow the troubleshooting options that my laptop provides, it asks me to log in to my Microsoft account. When I put in my password, it tells me my...
  5. Something Happened and you PIN isn’t available. Click to set up you PIN again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Any way to lock a window in place so you cant accidentally move it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to lock a window in place so you cant accidentally move it: Hi there, For my job i have a monitor set up with a chrome window on around 4/5 of the screen and like a softphone agent utility that always stays on top. This would block part of the chrome window and would cover up a lot of usefull information. I have it set up now so the...
  7. Is there a way to create multiple bootable flash drives at once

Is there a way to create multiple bootable flash drives at once: I was wondering if there is a way to burn windows 10 to multiple usb drives at the same time. The windows media creation tool only allows you to do one at a time, I've tried googling it but I'm unable to find any information. Do you know if there is a software that can do...
  8. Unable to create PIN in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create PIN in Windows 10: I re-installed Windows. I am admin; had PIN .. it was working well and one fine day it asked me to reset PIN which I am unable to do. I used troubleshooting tool in other thread. I am admin.. NGC folder is empty. What to do now?...
  9. Is there a way to pull images out from multiple folders at once

Is there a way to pull images out from multiple folders at once: I recently downloaded an art archive from a patreon I follow, and I want to put the pictures all into one folder rather than them being subdivided. Problem is is that they are all divided into month and year so I have to go into each folder to pull out a couple pictures and...
  10. Cannot delete User Pin once created

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot delete User Pin once created: Win 10 Home With multiple Users, it appears that once you have created a pin number, you cannot go back and no longer use a PW or PN. Must create a PW first and then you can create a PN You can delete the PW but not the PN 12713