Windows 10: There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

Discus and support There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently built my own PC, which worked fine until when I was greeted with the desk I noticed that I could not connect to WiFi. The only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidCampbell297, Aug 12, 2019.

1. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

I recently built my own PC, which worked fine until when I was greeted with the desk I noticed that I could not connect to WiFi. The only option available was Ethernet, I have a wireless adapter that works as I used it on my previous computer over the past year. I sought countless tips to solve problems that none seems to work. At this point, I am still stuck without WiFi and can only connect via Ethernet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DavidCampbell297, Aug 12, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
  4. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

1. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - option

2. Windows power options randomly change monitors settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows power options randomly change monitors settings: I'm currently using a Lenovo i7 desktop, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 (v1903), utilizing two Dell 27 inch monitors. Since version 1803 upgrade the monitors have been going to sleep, what ever application is being viewed in the right hand monitor will be minimized and switched to the...
  3. No option to disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No option to disable touch pad: After the most recent update in August, I can no longer disable my touchpad. There is no option in the settings to disable, and no toggle button that will turn it on and off either. Is there some new way to disable the touchpad since I use an external mouse? It is pretty...
  4. Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign In Option Completely Disabled, Stating Group Policy Updates and Everything Greyed Out: I am utilizing a Surface machine with Windows 10. This morning everything was working fine and I could sign in using my fingerprint. This afternoon I got a message stating a Pin was required for login, but I do NOT have a pin setup because I disabled that requirement. So it...
  5. USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.: Greetings, As my subject line asks which is the most reliable method? Either choosing the USB or ISO option when downloading the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I had a failed install when choosing the USB Media Creation Tool download option then using this USB to start...
  6. Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1: Paint and WordPad turned into optional features: Windows 10 20H1, the first feature update version of 2020 for Windows 10 and the first major update for Windows 10 after Windows 10 version 1903, will introduce quite a number of changes to the operating system. Microsoft continues to push new builds to the Insider Channel...
  7. Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Spaces/Software Raid | What Are My Best Options?: Hi guys, So this is a multiple question on same topic thread. So my current set up is 3 SSD drives, two the same running in software RAID0 (I think they call it resilient mode in Storage Spaces settings) which I use to install games not sure if this is woth it or not, does...
  8. 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10: I becoming very frustrated that I can not get Win 10 to recognize my 5.1 sound setup. I have gone through many forums and followed their advice and the only conclusion I have come to is the latest version of win 10 simply blocks or is broken were surround sound is concerned....
  9. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  10. These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future

in Windows 10 News
    These core Windows 10 apps could become optional in future: Microsoft is planning to offer both Microsoft Paint and WordPad as an ‘Optional’ feature with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. In Build 18963 of Windows 10 20H1, which is the next major update for the operating system that will arrive in the first half of next year, both...