Windows 10: There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

Discus and support There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently built my own PC, which worked fine until when I was greeted with the desk I noticed that I could not connect to WiFi. The only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidCampbell297, Aug 12, 2019.

1. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

I recently built my own PC, which worked fine until when I was greeted with the desk I noticed that I could not connect to WiFi. The only option available was Ethernet, I have a wireless adapter that works as I used it on my previous computer over the past year. I sought countless tips to solve problems that none seems to work. At this point, I am still stuck without WiFi and can only connect via Ethernet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DavidCampbell297, Aug 12, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
  4. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10.

1. There is no Wi-Fi option in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - option

2. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...: https://imgur.com/a/e8uRvHAImage above.I am currently on the administrator account and cannot check the lock option.I have tried several things including changing registry keys and GPO, none of which were fruitful.Followed this thread but the solutions here did not...
  3. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...: https://imgur.com/a/e8uRvHAImage above.I am currently on the administrator account and cannot check the lock option.I have tried several things including changing registry keys and GPO, none of which were fruitful.Followed this thread but the solutions here did not...
  4. Unable to lock all accounts on windows 10. Lock option under Power shutdown settings is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 power options GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power options GPO: I have an issue with power options not working correctly on our Dell 5540 laptops which have Windows 11 23h2 installed.GPO is pushed out to all Laptops for power settings administrative templates where updated yesterday to the latest one on the 25th April.If you look in the...
  6. Windows 11 power options GPO

Windows 11 power options GPO: I have an issue with power options not working correctly on our Dell 5540 laptops which have Windows 11 23h2 installed.GPO is pushed out to all Laptops for power settings administrative templates where updated yesterday to the latest one on the 25th April.If you look in the...
  7. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  8. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  9. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

10. Windows hello sign-in option problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello sign-in option problem: Sign in options Windows hello, facial recognition, fingerprint and PIN are showing "something went wrong. Try again later." I already tried a method stating Remove fingerprint, PIN then restart your computer. This method did not help and still shows the same statement...