Windows 10: There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

Discus and support There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've just installed brand new ssd in my PC and swithed from hdd to it. I formated the partition on hdd where i had a system installed. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stefix, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Stefix Win User

There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

Hello, I've just installed brand new ssd in my PC and swithed from hdd to it. I formated the partition on hdd where i had a system installed. When i tried to extend me old hdd's partition that i store data on, i got an error : "There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Operation", when i tried to create a new volume i got same error. I got 100 gb unlocated free space. How can i create a new volume if windows doesnt allow me to do so ? My hdd is a dynamic disk, i tried third party programs to create a new volume and it didnt help me, tried running win installation one more time and format this partition again there, and i couldnt even format the other one that i have data on. I am familliar with win os, but it just stunned me, dont know what to do ... please help There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op :)
    (i use polish version of OS, hope i translated the error message right)

:)

Stefix, Apr 22, 2019

2. Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

While trying to partition my Local Disk (CThere Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op :), I get the following error:

Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation.

System Information

Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro

SSD has 952.65 GB Capacity with 882.31 GB Free Space

Disk Management Utility shows 148 GB as space available to shrink

Steps Tried so Far:

a) Disable Hibernation

b) Disabled pagefile

c) Disabled System Protection

d) Disabled Kernel Memory Dump

e) Used Defraggler to defragment

f) Used free partition tools like Ease US Partition Master and Minitool Partition Wizard - The option to Move/Resize Volume are greyed out.

After all these steps, I'm still getting the same error. Please help.

danisfermijohn, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Apr 22, 2019
  4. There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

1. There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op - Similar Threads - Enough Space Available

2. there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this: there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-enough-space-available-on-disks-to/49ed4cfa-3ef3-4ab4-ba7a-0b7f45b9e38e
  3. there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this: there is not enough space available on disks to complete this action. how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-not-enough-space-available-on-disks-to/49ed4cfa-3ef3-4ab4-ba7a-0b7f45b9e38e
  4. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  5. Disk full even when enough space is available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk full even when enough space is available.: I was downloading something from torrent which was of 45 GB in size. My D drive had 65 GB space left. After downloading 28 GB, torrent reported that my disk is full. Same happened when I tried downloading a game with steam yesterday and even before that. Once I was extracting...
  6. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...: So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to create a Simple Volume through the 'New Simple Volume Wizard' and select the defaults, it shows an error message saying "There...
  7. there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

in Windows 10 Customization
    there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation: [ATTACH] I had kali-linux installed on one HDD partition of 73 GB. Now I deleted the kali-linux after that If I want to make a new volume with unallotted memory or extend volume of the existing volume D:. I am getting the error like shown in the picture. I tried to google it...
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

in Windows 10 News
    There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to create a new partition or shrink a volume or extend a volume using the Disk Management Utility, you may encounter an error that says – There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this [...] This post There is not enough...
  9. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  10. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. There is not enough space available on the disk\(s\) to complete this operation

2. add mirror fails there is not enough space available on the disk s to complete this operation