Windows 10: there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

Discus and support there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I had kali-linux installed on one HDD partition of 73 GB. Now I deleted the kali-linux after that If I want to make a new volume with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kishankg, Apr 12, 2020.

1. kishankg Win User

there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation 4739ae4a-e9b6-4af5-b344-8f24a640d3e6?upload=true.png
    I had kali-linux installed on one HDD partition of 73 GB. Now I deleted the kali-linux after that If I want to make a new volume with unallotted memory or extend volume of the existing volume D:. I am getting the error like shown in the picture. I tried to google it and find it in other sites, but most of them are mentioning some third party tool like AOEMI or EaseUS Partition which are charging money for this.

My system is Windows 10 and it has 118 GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Partition Style is GPT.

Some CMD commands about Disk

DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 931 GB 0 B * * Disk 1 Online 119 GB 1024 KB *DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 D New Volume NTFS Simple 857 GB Healthy Pagefile Volume 1 RAW Partition 513 MB Healthy Hidden Volume 2 C NTFS Partition 118 GB Healthy System Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 100 MB Healthy Hidden

Is there a good free third party tool or some setting to be done to get it resolved? Thanks in Advance.

:)

kishankg, Apr 12, 2020

2. Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

While trying to partition my Local Disk (Cthere is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation :), I get the following error:

Disk Management - There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation.

System Information

Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro

SSD has 952.65 GB Capacity with 882.31 GB Free Space

Disk Management Utility shows 148 GB as space available to shrink

Steps Tried so Far:

a) Disable Hibernation

b) Disabled pagefile

c) Disabled System Protection

d) Disabled Kernel Memory Dump

e) Used Defraggler to defragment

f) Used free partition tools like Ease US Partition Master and Minitool Partition Wizard - The option to Move/Resize Volume are greyed out.

After all these steps, I'm still getting the same error. Please help.

danisfermijohn, Apr 12, 2020
  3. srfreeman Win User
    'insufficient disk space to complete the operation'

The severe lack of information provided makes it impossible to tell, but, I imagine the 'there is insufficient disk space to complete the operation' is coming from your phone, not the laptop.

Your pictures are probably stored on OneDrive, you may want to check there.

srfreeman, Apr 12, 2020
  4. there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

There is not enough space on the disk to complete this operation - Windows 10

Hello ,

I deleted my 200 GB partition so i could add this space to my other partition ( 800 GB ) of my Hard Drive.I have a SSD and a HDD installed on my laptop with windows 10 as my Operating System.

I don't rememeber exactly but it asked me to convert the disk to something Dynamic and i said yes.Now , i have 200 GB as Unallocated Space available but i am not able to use it.When i try to Create a New Simple Volume it fails with the error message

something like "There is not enough space on the disk to complete this operation".

Also , when i try to extend the 800 GB with this 200 GB i get the same error message.

please help , i am running out space and i need to use this 200 GB of space.

Faheem_Rasheed, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation

1. there is not enough space on the disks to complete this operation - Similar Threads - enough space disks

2. Not enough diskspace for completing this operation while Extending Dynamic Disk with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough diskspace for completing this operation while Extending Dynamic Disk with...: Operating System : Windows 10Requirement : I am having 1 TB SSD and 2 TB HDD in my desktop. Both are configured as basic disk. OS is accommodated inside the 1 TB SSD and 2 TB HDD split into 2 partitions. Since I am running out of space in the first partition of 2 TB HDD, I...
  3. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  4. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  5. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...: So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to create a Simple Volume through the 'New Simple Volume Wizard' and select the defaults, it shows an error message saying "There...
  6. There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There Is Not Enough Space Available On The Disk(s) To Complete This Op: Hello, I've just installed brand new ssd in my PC and swithed from hdd to it. I formated the partition on hdd where i had a system installed. When i tried to extend me old hdd's partition that i store data on, i got an error : "There Is Not Enough Space Available On The...
  7. There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation

in Windows 10 News
    There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to create a new partition or shrink a volume or extend a volume using the Disk Management Utility, you may encounter an error that says – There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this [...] This post There is not enough...
  8. There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation - ERROR: i tried to shrink space from C drive to make it unallocated , i gave 50GB from 631GB which i have still it always shows no enough space.....please help [ATTACH]...
  9. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  10. There is not enough resources to complete this operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is not enough resources to complete this operation: I have a new laptop and I am getting a notice that "there is not enough resources to complete this operation" whe I click an .exe fie to install and then Windows deletes the file. I have Windows 10 home edition. Where does it go? Its not in my trash. I thought it could be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this operation solved