Windows 10: There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file

Discus and support There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is nothing, no "change", I can't open "gsp" file, It's a gemetry file [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lymjkl2007, Sep 3, 2020.

1. There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file

There is nothing, no "change", I can't open "gsp" file, It's a gemetry file

There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file 48ee9aba-654f-447b-a62e-b75eaefffe67?upload=true.jpg There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file e35f7ddf-e142-4551-8625-8d987233662c?upload=true.jpg

There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file d6b9e992-c2d3-4858-b579-10e047eb0a0d?upload=true.jpg

:)

lymjkl2007, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 3, 2020
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 3, 2020
  4. There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file

Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file

1. There is nothing, no "change", I can't open the file - Similar Threads - nothing change can't

2. How do I set a file to be opened by nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set a file to be opened by nothing?: I was trying to download a Minecraft Java mod, .jar file and accidentally set it to be opened with an app on my laptop called Aseprite. How do I undo this?...
  3. How do I set a file to be opened by nothing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set a file to be opened by nothing?: I was trying to download a Minecraft Java mod, .jar file and accidentally set it to be opened with an app on my laptop called Aseprite. How do I undo this?...
  4. I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete a file and nothing seems to work.: The file doesn't show up in task manger yet it say it is open. Process explorer can't find it. Force deleting through the command prompt just returns "Access Denied." I ran as an administrator and made sure I had the correct permissions. I don't know what to do to, please...
  5. Nothing happens when I use "Open with" and navigate to the file to open with unless I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nothing happens when I use "Open with" and navigate to the file to open with unless I...: See https://streamable.com/efbzho. The file will not open until I restart explorer.exe; however, it works fine if I run it by doubling clicking or using the open with menu without navigating to the file. This happens with all my file extensions not just txt and with other...
  6. Programs can't choose/open a file? Nothing happens when I click "upload file" in certain...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs can't choose/open a file? Nothing happens when I click "upload file" in certain...: What the title says - certain programs on my computer can't open files. When I go to Paint and click File > Open, a separate window opens so I can choose a file, as I should be able to. But when I open an application like Discord and try to upload a file using the "+"...
  7. nothing opening

nothing opening: I'm having problems opening apps and basically everything I cant even fully reset my pc I've done everything there is related to my problem but I cant even open apps to I cant fix them. When I click open it takes about 4 minutes to open, but it doesn't even open a text...
  8. Can't change default program to open files.

Can't change default program to open files.: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight. I already tried: right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you...
  9. How to Change "Open With" to Nothing?

How to Change "Open With" to Nothing?: Basically, I installed a skin for Steam and I accidentally kind of put it to open with notepad. It's a .style file. I was wondering how I could change it back to the default/nothing. Because now, my entire Steam skin basically looks like the default :P Anyone that helps...
  10. Nothing opens except file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing opens except file explorer: Hi guys new to this all but just got so desperate I had to sign up to ask. I've had windows 10 since November and just today it's been playing up. None of the apps open - they display a message "element not found" for explorer exe or for other things like chrome, ms word you...