Windows 10: There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio

Discus and support There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was on a call on discord with my friend while I played a game and during the call I unplugged my headphones to switch it to my headphone jack on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AutoMobileGravel, Mar 26, 2020.

1. There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio

So I was on a call on discord with my friend while I played a game and during the call I unplugged my headphones to switch it to my headphone jack on my mic but it just interfered with the call so I plugged it back into my computer and after the call I tried watching a youtube video and discovered that my headphone audio only worked in that particular game that I played in the call and the audio doesn't work on anything else.

HELP!

:)

AutoMobileGravel, Mar 26, 2020

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 26, 2020
  4. There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio

1. There is Something Wrong With My Headphone Audio - Similar Threads - Something Wrong Headphone

2. Something is wrong with my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my pc: So i have Radeon RX 560 and i need amd software for some reason for the drivers ,because if i unistall it the driver is also unistalled ,and amd software slows my pc using a lot of ram memory,now i also notice that i have a error for activating Windows the error code is...
  3. Something is wrong with my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my screen: I was just playing and suddenly my screen kinda move. There is a small portion of my top screen moved under the taskbar. I don't know how to fix I had been searching online but the solutions aren't working....
  4. something is wrong with my passwords!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  5. Something wrong with my pc

Something wrong with my pc: I was doing alright with my PC but when I would play video games such as FORTNITE when loading it a pop-up would say things like you have an outdated driver. I would ignore it but my friend told me to deal with it. I then decided to deal with it and go on NVIDIA I have an...
  6. Something is wrong with my windows

Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  7. There's something wrong with my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  8. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  9. something's wrong with my desktop's audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something's wrong with my desktop's audio: recently, i bought a new desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646) and noticed that there is distortion when i use my bluetooth headphones (sony wh-h900n). at first, i thought it had to do with my headphones, but when i connected them to my laptop...
  10. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats wrong with my headphone audio