Windows 10: There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

Discus and support There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my start menu has some kind of bugs or something . because it always show white boxes at the sides and also a grey line below the apps . furthermore,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArthurCheese, Jun 27, 2021.

1. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

my start menu has some kind of bugs or something . because it always show white boxes at the sides and also a grey line below the apps . furthermore, there is no response whenever i press it whether it is the apps with grey line under it or the white boxes . i've tried to restart windows explorer to fix the start menu but didnt work. i tried many solutions to fix start menu but to no avail. Examples are below . like the 3D viewer, Office under productivity, photos etc. All these don't work when pressed. one more thing. i found out about this when one day, whenever i start a vide

:)

ArthurCheese, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 27, 2021
  4. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

1. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu - Similar Threads - something wrong Start

2. uh what is wrong with my start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    uh what is wrong with my start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Still-Addition-1109 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11ryesy/uh_what_is_wrong_with_my_start_menu/
  3. Something is wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  4. Something is wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  5. Something is wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is something wrong with my Start/Windows Menu: my start menu has some kind of bugs or something . because it always show white boxes at the sides and also a grey line below the apps . furthermore, there is no response whenever i press it whether it is the apps with grey line under it or the white boxes . i've tried to...
  7. Something wrong with my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong with my windows: recently I had repaired my windowsand this appears when I plug in my computerI had run the "sfc /scannow" command with command promptand it said a problem was found and fixed.but today this problem appear again I don't remember if this RunDLL shows same problem before and...
  8. Something wrong with my Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something wrong with my Windows: I've noticed a few times my pc ran slowly when Microsoft store caught an error, I am sick to reset my pc again. They suggested me to check for the new updates of windows, I did. but when I trying to install the new updates, it went error again.So now I am not sure which one...
  9. Something is wrong with my windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something is wrong with my windows 10: I can not update windows because it is stuck at 0%, I also can't run the troubleshooter, it takes me multiple tries to open task manager, I can't enter msconfig or the system configuration and while trying to type in a command it said blocked by an administrator, even though...
  10. Something seems wrong with my start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Something seems wrong with my start button: Its been getting like this and doesn't always work correctly when I click it Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Anyone know what causes this? 87487