Windows 10: there is something wrong with my wi-fi

Discus and support there is something wrong with my wi-fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; haiii, my family is a centurylink user and my dad turns off the internet every night and turns it back on every morning. i logged into my pc to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ᴋᴀɪᴀ, May 20, 2023.

1. there is something wrong with my wi-fi

haiii, my family is a centurylink user and my dad turns off the internet every night and turns it back on every morning. i logged into my pc to play league of legends this morning and my pc was not connected to the internet. i attempted to reconnect and it says,"some information changed since the last time you connected. we need additional information to complete the connection."i typed in the password, and it still had the same message displayed next to it. i thought it was weird since the phones and roku had no problems reconnecting to the internet. so i looked up resolutions to my problem a

:)

ᴋᴀɪᴀ, May 20, 2023

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, May 20, 2023
  3. Andre_033 Win User
    Wi-Fi disappearing at random times.

Hello. So I did the steps. And 2 minutes after doing the steps my Wi-Fi disappeared again. The thing is my home Wi-Fi only disappears from the list but other Wi-Fi network's don't.

Andre_033, May 20, 2023
  4. allant51 Win User

there is something wrong with my wi-fi

wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, May 20, 2023
Thema:

there is something wrong with my wi-fi

1. there is something wrong with my wi-fi - Similar Threads - something wrong

2. My account got locked, and i get a "something went wrong" message when I enter the code.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account got locked, and i get a "something went wrong" message when I enter the code.: I was logging into my microsoft account, and it said my account got locked. I entered my phone number and it sent a code. I entered the code and it kept saying "Something went wrong." and nothing else. tried a few times, please help....
  3. My account got locked, and i get a "something went wrong" message when I enter the code.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got locked, and i get a "something went wrong" message when I enter the code.: I was logging into my microsoft account, and it said my account got locked. I entered my phone number and it sent a code. I entered the code and it kept saying "Something went wrong." and nothing else. tried a few times, please help....
  4. My account got locked, and i get a "something went wrong" message when I enter the code.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft error message of "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft error message of "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us.": I cannot access my childs microsoft account through family safety. They have an invite pending but every time, and no matter what device I use or what order I perform the tasks in, I am getting a error message saying "Something went wrong, it's not you it's us."...
  6. Microsoft Store Error: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Error: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right....: I've been experiencing an issue with the Microsoft Store that I hope someone can help me fix. Whenever I try to access the store, I encounter the error message: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right. Try refreshing or coming back later."This...
  7. Microsoft Store Error: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Error: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right....: I've been experiencing an issue with the Microsoft Store that I hope someone can help me fix. Whenever I try to access the store, I encounter the error message: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right. Try refreshing or coming back later."This...
  8. Microsoft Store Error: "Sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right....

9. How do I know if something is wrong with my camera? The camera is being blocked and says...

How do I know if something is wrong with my camera? The camera is being blocked and says...: I am having issues with camera/video camera. it is saying something is blocking it, Something about a shutter key. I do not have a shutter key on this laptop....
  10. How do I know if something is wrong with my camera? The camera is being blocked and says...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I know if something is wrong with my camera? The camera is being blocked and says...: I am having issues with camera/video camera. it is saying something is blocking it, Something about a shutter key. I do not have a shutter key on this laptop....