Windows 10: There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

Discus and support There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjit Singh, Feb 23, 2024.

1. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I can't press anything. I did system file checker, sfn scannow and resetting my computer but the problem would return back. I reset my computer again and the problem didn't come back until I plugged in my usb full of music. The usb is fine and does nothing to my other computer.I did get a virus or trojan that was removed by nor

:)

Arjit Singh, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Arjit Win User

There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the applications and this comes for no reason. This application appears and dissapears in less than a second.

I can't find it, I think this might be a corrupt file or some file. It says this app is preventing you from shutting down. It appears and dissapears in a second so I can't do anythong about it. I close all the application. Perhaps you can tell me some ways to fix this unamed file. There is no such thing in task manager without a name.

Arjit, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 23, 2024
  4. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

Receive "Application Error 0x00007FF677EA8682..." during Shut-Down

Hi Susan,

This issue may happen if there is an application that doesn't close properly when you shut down your PC. To better isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this happening?
    • When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Regards.

Katrina Men, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

1. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the... - Similar Threads - application without name

2. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  3. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...: There is this application without a name that keeps appearing and dissapearing when shutting down my laptop. I close all my applications and refresh my computer when shutting down. This application has no name and just appears and dissapears in a fraction of a second so I...
  4. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. There is this application without a name that prevents shut down, But I close all the...

7. How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?: Hi, I've been looking at various forums and questions to try and solve this issue, but nothing is working.My laptop windows 10 has recently been shutting down completely when I close the lid and has been for the past week or so. My power settings indicate that when I close...
  8. How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?: Hi, I've been looking at various forums and questions to try and solve this issue, but nothing is working.My laptop windows 10 has recently been shutting down completely when I close the lid and has been for the past week or so. My power settings indicate that when I close...
  9. How do I prevent my computer from shutting down and all my applications from closing?

10. An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An application is preventing me from shutting down/restarting: [IMG]I just got this computer and every time I go to shut down or restart, an application/process is preventing it from shutting down automaticlly. It doesnt have an icon or a name. I have went through Task Manager, System Check, and Virus Scan and nothing seems to work![IMG]...