Windows 10: There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer.

Discus and support There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I don't know what happened to it it just started today. 134158 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by L33T5P34K3R111, Jun 6, 2019.

1. There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer.

There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer. [​IMG]
    I don't know what happened to it it just started today.

:)

L33T5P34K3R111, Jun 6, 2019

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Deluneth Win User
    Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Jun 6, 2019
  4. There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer.

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer.

1. There is two of every System Folder in the side bar of File Explorer. - Similar Threads - every System Folder

2. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  3. File Explorer no Folder Pop-Up on Side Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer no Folder Pop-Up on Side Bar: Hi!Due to recent changes on this device something weird occurred with it's device task manager.Problem is as follows:As seen on it's task manager, you can see the folder youtube inside the desktop category, the desktop category is on the left side of the task manager. This is...
  4. File Explorer no Folder Pop-Up on Side Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer no Folder Pop-Up on Side Bar: Hi!Due to recent changes on this device something weird occurred with it's device task manager.Problem is as follows:As seen on it's task manager, you can see the folder youtube inside the desktop category, the desktop category is on the left side of the task manager. This is...
  5. File Explorer no Folder Pop-Up on Side Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. file explorer search bar is missing in every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explorer search bar is missing in every folder: [ATTACH] The file explorer search bar is missing from every folder. I have tried removing all updates but that did not fix it on my asus tuf laptop. I previously had this problem on my msi laptop and the fix was to remove the feature update. However, removing the feature...
  7. Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: I reviewed every suggestion on how to fix this issue and I additionally went into regedit did a search on iCloud Photos and deleted EVERY entry and still have the issue. The only difference is that in IE it just shows a blank folder and doesn't say iCloud Photos. I turned...
  8. remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: so I'm completely frustrated that I cant delete this stupid icloud photo's folder that has duplicated itself on the file explorer side bar. Ive deleted the folder source so now it errors when you click the folder and I cant delete the shortcut which I never wanted in the...
  9. unable to tile two explorer windows side by side

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    unable to tile two explorer windows side by side: with windows 7 it was so easy, when I had two windows open, be it word, a browser or windows explorer to chose show windows side by side......they seemed to snap together or were easily encouraged to do so. with windows 10 the two windows seem to stay over to the left of...
  10. Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

in Windows 10 Support
    Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns: I would like every folder in File Explorer have the exact same view; General Items (okay easily done) Detailed view (easily done) Columns Displayed (only Name and Date Modified) - Obviously I can change the columns after entering a folder for the first time, but I...