Windows 10: there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

Discus and support there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello i reset my bios setting then i re enter the internal drive (g) to open iitit as i save my documents inside but i think i forget my password or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by snipeerz, Feb 27, 2019.

1. snipeerz Win User

there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

hello i reset my bios setting then i re enter the internal drive (g) to open iitit as i save my documents inside but i think i forget my password or the reset bios mybe do some thing to my pass because i was not use my pc scince 1 year so i forget what is the problem *Sad

i need my things inside this drive so there is any chance to restore or open it ,
    i search the pass in email or inside my pc but there is no backup file txt

:)

snipeerz, Feb 27, 2019

2. BitLocker key cannot unlock the disk. Neither can i reinstall cause the drive is blocked

Hi Havard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you try to unlock the drive using the Bitlocker application in Windows 10?
    • If yes, did you get any error message while trying that?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try unlocking the drive using the Bitlocker facility available in Windows 10 and check if you are able to unlock it successfully. If you are getting any error message with says “Application not found”, then I would suggest you
    to refer the article provided in the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Method 2:

I would suggest that you try the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link to view the article “How to back up and restore
    the registry in Windows” from the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/322756

(Applies to Windows 10)

For more information regarding BitLocker, you may refer the article "BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" from this link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507.aspx

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Thank you sir, ill try your solution.

Windows Auto unlock ONLY works in case you have Bitlocker on your system drive, because if your system drive is not encrypted auto unlocking other drives means loss of security.
    But in my case my system drive is Encrypted with hardware encryption that i password unlock during boot. So auto unlocking Bitlocker drives will do fine for me.

Viruzz, Feb 27, 2019
  4. there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

Failure to unlock BitLocker encrypted HD after new windows 10 installation

Hello Kostas,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your
    operating system drive (the drive where Windows is installed), a
    fixed data drive (such as an internal hard drive), or a
    removable data drive
    (such as a USB flash drive).

The way you unlock an encrypted drive depends on two things:

• What kind of drive it is.
    • What kind of unlock method you chose when you set up BitLocker on the drive.
    I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

1. there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive - Similar Threads - unlock bitlocker drive

2. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  3. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Unlock BitLocked drives: Hi.I am just seeking some advice for the following desired implementation for encrypting drives and doing backups.I have a set of 5 USB external drives, which I have encrypted using BitLocker on a Windows 10 PC.All these drives have the same drive label, which is required for...
  4. Auto Unlock BitLocked drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  6. How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlock bitlocker locked drive?: I suddenly opened my PC and saw that my H drive is locked. I am having trouble to access my account. Please get back to me as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlocker-locked-drive/04bcd4be-7090-4c17-9233-9dc8cc7c4294
  7. Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?: Hello, after updating my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 HDD drive D: is locked by Bitlocker.Previously i didn't had Microsoft account, i used only my gmail account. I didn't use Bitlocker at all.While updating to windows 11 i formatted only the C: drive, where Windows...
  8. Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to unlock HDD Drive that's locked by Bitlocker without key?: Hello, after updating my laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11 HDD drive D: is locked by Bitlocker.Previously i didn't had Microsoft account, i used only my gmail account. I didn't use Bitlocker at all.While updating to windows 11 i formatted only the C: drive, where Windows...
  9. Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlock an eternal drive bitlocker: I have an eternal drive that has never had a bit locker issue. I connected it to my laptop computer, which now indicates that the drive is locked and I need a password to unlock. This apparently is a bitlocker issue. I understand this is a Microsoft issue, not a hardware...
  10. there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive

in Windows 10 Support
    there is way to unlock the bitlocker drive: hello i reset my bios setting then i re enter the internal drive (g) to open iitit as i save my documents inside but i think i forget my password or the reset bios mybe do some thing to my pass because i was not use my pc scince 1 year so i forget what is the problem *Sad i...