Windows 10: There looks to be a bug with app permissions

Discus and support There looks to be a bug with app permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, as said there looks to be a bug (or thinking difference) on app permissions. I was having a case where I was granting rights for my son to play... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Postman76, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Postman76 Win User

There looks to be a bug with app permissions

Hi,

as said there looks to be a bug (or thinking difference) on app permissions.

I was having a case where I was granting rights for my son to play Roblox. And we did it via email and app wasnicely appearing to the allways allowed app list. So this far everything was workins as expected. but then If he then tried to start Roblox same dialog box was appearing where he was needed to ask permission to run Roblox. And this loop is continues even if I grant premission via email.

The root cause is nice and I belive this should be changed when parent is granting app usage. I was defining that my son can play games which are ment for the 0 year olds or younger, but Roblof was having age limit of 12 and that setup was overriding whole thing and he was not able to run the game at all until I allowed him to play games which are meant for the 12 year olds.

So IMHO there should be an option in app level grant usage right regardless what is the age limit or what you think. At least that was the way how I was thinking this is working, but I guess it is not.

:)

Postman76, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 4, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Windows 10 Apps folder Permission to copy and paste files DENIED

Hi,

To help you resolve the issue, we suggest to set permission to 'Everyone'. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the main folder and choose 'Properties'.
    • Click the 'Security' tab .
    • Look towards the bottom right hand side and click 'Advanced'.
    • Click the 'Owner' tab and click 'Edit'.
    • Under Owner, click on 'Change' link.
    • Type 'Everyone' and click on Apply and OK.
    • Now, click on 'Edit' button.
    • Under 'Permission for SYSTEM', place a check mark on all the Allow.
    • Click on 'Apply' and 'OK'.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. There looks to be a bug with app permissions - Similar Threads - looks bug app

2. Help looks like a bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help looks like a bug?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LigmaV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5z4op/help_looks_like_a_bug/
  3. security looking for app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security looking for app: Hi,I'm trying to setup my windows defender, however whenever I try to open, it's asking me for a an app. What app is it referring to? How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-looking-for-app/e2791c27-9eab-4405-bf44-60cb8b52d82d
  4. Apps and Permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps and Permission: Why are some Apps asking for permission of access to ALL of this??? So NOT COOL! Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files including documents, pictures, and music and registry...
  5. Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing a Edge bug that installed web apps without permission: As we reported last week, Microsoft has been installing the firm’s Office web apps on Windows 10 PCs without user permission. This behaviour was first noticed by testers in the Windows Insider program, but later the non-Insiders also started reporting that web apps are...
  6. Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909: [ATTACH] I found a permissions bug in Windows 10. I also got this bug in Windows 7 running on VirtualBox. This bug just happens when I set permissions to MYSELF. I was attempting to rename a Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows 10 picture wallpaper and when I set permissions to...
  7. Strange TV static looking bug on programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange TV static looking bug on programs: [ATTACH] Two weeks ago i noticed that programs that i start on my computer get this amazingly annoying moving tv static look. It doesn't happen with all programs. Microsoft teams and Logitec G Hub however do have this problem. Does someone have an idea, what could cause...
  8. App Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Permissions: <p>I have a small YouTube channel and record videos via screen recording software. On my Dell XPS 12 laptop (With Windows 10 Pro) I recently installed a software called ScreenRec that records screen videos as well as system audio and audio from the built-in microphone.&nbsp;...
  9. App Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Permissions: Why is it that when I like the look of an app and read the permissions granted to it I get the information below. It seems to allow every app access to everything even if it in not necessary for the correct function of the app. Surely the permissions should only relate to the...
  10. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"