Windows 10: There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Discus and support There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased a Surface laptop in December 2019 from Best Buy, and have been problem with it maintaining the WiFi. In March 2020, Best Buy trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adalila Wilson, Apr 29, 2020.

1. There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Hi,

I purchased a Surface laptop in December 2019 from Best Buy, and have been problem with it maintaining the WiFi. In March 2020, Best Buy trouble shoot the problem, and now I have no WiFi and it says “there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”. Is someone able to walk me through on how to fix it, since Best buy is closed due to the Covid-19

:)

Adalila Wilson, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Apr 29, 2020
  3. LarryWind Win User
    USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray

no, the driver it's for windows 8 but it works, the only problem is can't connect/switch from tray list

LarryWind, Apr 29, 2020
  4. There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

Windows 10 Wi-Fi Adapter Issues after 17134.254 Update

Hi Denzel,

Since the issue on your Wi-Fi adapter started after installing the latest update, then this could be a driver-related concern. The current driver may not be compatible that's why your wireless connection keeps disconnecting. For us to sort this out, I suggest
    updating the driver of the Wi-Fi adapter. Please follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network adapters category, right-click your Wi-Fi adapter, then click
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    5. You may also check the Wi-Fi manufacturer's website for its latest driver in case Windows didn't find a new driver.

If the issue persists, then you may opt to roll back it's driver.

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network adapters category, right-click your Wi-Fi adapter, then click
      Properties.
    3. Click on the Driver tab, then click Roll Back Driver.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    5. Click OK once done.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please let me know by replying to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter

1. There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter - Similar Threads - might problem driver

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  4. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  5. There might be a problem with the driver for Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There might be a problem with the driver for Wi-Fi adapter: I recently updated windows 10 to version 20H2. After this sometimes I faced the below issue.If you look at this image , two more buttons are missing WiFi and Mobile Hotspot.If I click troubleshoot from network adapter , it replies like belowThen these buttons will be enabled...
  6. Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem: I got an MSI GF63 8RC less than a year ago, and already it's having a bit of an annoying problem. Sometimes, when I boot it up, it takes a long, long time to start up, nearly several minutes usually it would take less than 30 seconds to start up and when it does finish...
  7. Wi-Fi driver problem

Wi-Fi driver problem: I am having a problem with my new laptop sometimes when i open it there is no WiFi at all when I go to the settings it shows that i have a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter https://imgur.com/3pdp2bH I tried uninstalling and installing the drive and it worked...
  8. WI-FI Adapter problem

WI-FI Adapter problem: A couple of weeks ago I lost connection with the internet and received the following message; The Realtek RTL8723BE802.11bgn WI-FI Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. Plug an ethernet cable...
  9. Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.: [ATTACH] I don't know what to do? I installed Wireless Driver but still I am getting this problem. Please reply and provide solution for this as soon as possible....
  10. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter: I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop , both of them stopped working. Problems found by Troubleshooter : * there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi...