Windows 10: There really should be a YouTube app for Windows 10

Discus and support There really should be a YouTube app for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know why Microsoft doesn't work with Google to produce a Windows-10 compatible app for YouTube? Yes, there are quite a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bklynse, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Bklynse Win User

There really should be a YouTube app for Windows 10

Hello,

I would like to know why Microsoft doesn't work with Google to produce a Windows-10 compatible app for YouTube?

Yes, there are quite a few "third-party" look-alike Youtube apps out there, but there really should be one from Google.

In another (locked) thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-app-microsoft-store/25c58d46-08ca-4d5a-a8eb-8de4beb81348), someone said:

"the app you need for Youtube is Internet Explorer/Edge/Firefox/Opera/Chrome. No need for another."

While that is true, it is also completely besides the point. There are apps for lots of things and, in my opinion, saying "use your Web browser" isn't the way you want to position Windows 10 as a viable entertainment solution.

NB: There IS a Pandora app - from, of all people, Pandora! But, I guess I should ignore that and just use my web browser???

:)

Bklynse, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Windows 10 issue with youtube ?

Hi Kyle,

Since you have upgraded to Windows 10 recently, the drivers might not be updated to the latest available. If the drivers are not updated or if the drivers are corrupted, you may find issues like this.

To assist you better, kindly provide us the below information.

• What is the make and model of your system?

• How exactly are you trying to access YouTube, is it through browser or through YouTube app?

If you are accessing YouTube through a browser, I suggest you to try with different browser and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and update the graphic drivers and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Device Manager on the search bar.

• Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.

• Find and double-click Display Adapters.

• Right-click the device, and click Update driver software
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

• Restart the system after updating.

Also I suggest you to update all the pending updates (if any) and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. There really should be a YouTube app for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - really should YouTube

2. Choose as app on Windows 10 .....REALLY EMPTY APP ?!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose as app on Windows 10 .....REALLY EMPTY APP ?!!: Duh ?!!.....Microsoft NEVER done job this CHOOSE AS APP were missed list. Windows 10 already 4 years old since. I don't think so Windows 11 like same Windows 10 problem. Right ?I am not happy with no share link. I do myself manual insert attach file on email. Microsoft alway...
  3. Choose as app on Windows 10 .....REALLY EMPTY APP ?!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose as app on Windows 10 .....REALLY EMPTY APP ?!!: Duh ?!!.....Microsoft NEVER done job this CHOOSE AS APP were missed list. Windows 10 already 4 years old since. I don't think so Windows 11 like same Windows 10 problem. Right ?I am not happy with no share link. I do myself manual insert attach file on email. Microsoft alway...
  4. Youtube App on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube App on Windows: Why wont the youtube app for windows installon my windows 11 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-app-on-windows/e88d0550-304e-4ffd-8271-61cd72452bc9
  5. Youtube App on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube App on Windows: Why wont the youtube app for windows installon my windows 11 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-app-on-windows/e88d0550-304e-4ffd-8271-61cd72452bc9
  6. Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really screwed up! YouTube mirophone issue: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows, 10 Pro I use, YouTube quite often. Just type in, a question. They will have, 1000 Videos Every musicins song, and so on! But I really, screwed up. Earlier today. I went to, YouTube. The first thing I saw. Was a. white message....
  7. Why there is no official youtube App for windows 10 ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why there is no official youtube App for windows 10 ?: I want to know that why there is no official YouTube app for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-is-no-official-youtube-app-for-windows/07697419-a3af-4d6f-ba92-1b890e994157
  8. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  9. YouTube App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube App: Is there a Tube App in the Microsoft Store? Thank you for the answer in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-app/c146c7a8-1d00-4b0b-baac-94662a033fce
  10. Mail and Calendar apps should really be integrated into a single app

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail and Calendar apps should really be integrated into a single app: Like how Outlook does it. I don't use them for that reason alone. 10947