Windows 10: There seems To Be Two Locations

Discus and support There seems To Be Two Locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello , I'm not quite sure at all how this could have happened, but I "do" think it has "something" to do with OneDrive.Anyway, it seems for some time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WebCatt, Jun 21, 2021.

1. WebCatt Win User

There seems To Be Two Locations

Hello , I'm not quite sure at all how this could have happened, but I "do" think it has "something" to do with OneDrive.Anyway, it seems for some time, as my main Pictures location, I've been using Users/Owner/OneDrive/Pictures and I found this out by stumbling across simply Owner/Pictures. I'd like to know, how do I get Owner/Pictures location to be my main location for pictures so that I can remove all existence of OneDrive. Heck, while you're at it, please provide some steps on how to completely remove OneDrive

:)

WebCatt, Jun 21, 2021

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 21, 2021
  4. There seems To Be Two Locations

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

There seems To Be Two Locations

1. There seems To Be Two Locations - Similar Threads - seems Locations

2. Folder that is in another location seemingly in Downloads simultaneously isn't?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder that is in another location seemingly in Downloads simultaneously isn't?: I was puzzled why the Videos folder is showing at under Downloads, Highlighted. I tried moving it to the usual videos folder location but got this error:Image distortion due to forum post UI now allowing me to lock aspect ratio scaling for some reason.I checked the folder...
  3. Folder that is in another location seemingly in Downloads simultaneously isn't?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder that is in another location seemingly in Downloads simultaneously isn't?: I was puzzled why the Videos folder is showing at under Downloads, Highlighted. I tried moving it to the usual videos folder location but got this error:Image distortion due to forum post UI now allowing me to lock aspect ratio scaling for some reason.I checked the folder...
  4. Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...: Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted and I cant seem to find a fix for it. I need some help does anyone have a solution for this issue.Thanks...
  5. Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted can't seem to locate the issue or a fix for...: Windows explore keeps needing to be restarted and I cant seem to find a fix for it. I need some help does anyone have a solution for this issue.Thanks...
  6. OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & documents folder seem to have each other's folder path location.: I have bought a new computer. In File Explorer it has its usual Windows C: Drive and I have a Storage Drive D:. My aim is to put my library files Documents, Pictures etc. in storage on Storage Drive D:. Before I can do that, I have noticed an anomaly that needs fixing...
  7. I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...: ...clicking open folder location brings me to my downloads folder, but it isnt there. Trying to open it promots me with " access to the compressed (zipped) Folder [path] is denied Trying to move it to my desktop promots me with "This is no longer located in [path]. Verify...
  8. Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with W10 booting up, can't seem to locate the issue: So the issue is I have a machine that takes 5 minutes to boot up. Initially it starts when the windows 10 logo appears with the cycling dot, dot, dot going on, the PC doesn't show any activity on the drive and may or may not flash it once in a while so it appears it's...
  9. Search does not seem to search all locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not seem to search all locations: I have OS as usual on C:\ I have my docs\pics\videos\music located on E:\ The files search function does not seem to work correctly ..... does not seem to accurately search the E:\ If I drive the search down to a particular folder it works OK ... but does not seem...
  10. Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters

in Windows 10 Support
    Location seems to be set to the location of my ISP headquarters: Hi, apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything by doing a search of this forum for this problem. Anyway, my default location in Windows 10 is somewhere in Lexington, KY. I live in Louisville, KY. So if I say to Cortana "Show me the nearest...