Windows 10: There was a power outage and now my pc just loads forever and never actually boots to windows

Discus and support There was a power outage and now my pc just loads forever and never actually boots to windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i was using my pc and the power flickered and everything went off and came back on but when my pc came back on it said preparing automatic repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by noahfouse, Aug 21, 2020.

1. noahfouse Win User

There was a power outage and now my pc just loads forever and never actually boots to windows

So i was using my pc and the power flickered and everything went off and came back on but when my pc came back on it said preparing automatic repair and then restarted but is now just stuck loading into windows and never actually gets anywhere its been like this for 2 days now. Anything i can do?

:)

noahfouse, Aug 21, 2020
  2. mrsscotty Win User

power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Help !!! Had a power outage this morning and now I cannot get windows 10 to complete boot up

It starts the booting process and then my screen goes blank. I cannot even get to the prompt screen? To run any. diagnostics. any suggestions ?ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!

mrsscotty, Aug 21, 2020
  3. mrsscotty Win User
    power outage-Windows 10 will not finish booting

Thank you so much for responding so quickly!! I got it up and running, but HERE is what was happening for FUTURE people with this issue - WINDOWS logo was trying to start - my screen would go blank - so it was not completing the boot process - when it got
    to that point I could do NOTHING.

I actually took the steps you recommended above - unplugged printer, etc - plugged PC directly into electrical outlet (off of surge protector) and direct wired mouse and keyboard (non wireless). let it sit for a while - then VOILA - all booted well.

It was a "quick" power outage - less than a minute but BOY did it mess me up - LOL

Once again, thanks so much for your help.

Have a great day!

mrsscotty, Aug 21, 2020
  4. SnazzyPad Win User

There was a power outage and now my pc just loads forever and never actually boots to windows

Power outage on the "Just wait a moment" step on a full Windows reinstall

I was reinstalling windows 10 on my pc and while it was doing it there was an outage of power on the "Just wait a moment" step (after the reinstall bar got to 100%. I turned it back on after say a minute. It booted into the installing screen at 88%. Are
    there any damages, considering there wasn't even the don't turn off your pc message on the step in which the power outed?

SnazzyPad, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. There was a power outage and now my pc just loads forever and never actually boots to windows - Similar Threads - was power outage

2. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  3. Power Outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Outage: Hi, there was a sudden power outage in my area and my PC was shut down. I was able to turn on the PC without issue but when I run DISM it says I have errors?C:\Windows\System32>DISM/sfc /scannow Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.22621.2792 Error: 87...
  4. Pc will not boot after power outage please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc will not boot after power outage please help: Windows 11 have tried check disk, boot rec and scan now commands in startup repair as well as startup repair itself. Is my only option left to try installing windows off a flash drive? I don’t have another computer so I was wondering how I could get that. Any help would be...
  5. Pc will not boot after power outage please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc will not boot after power outage please help: have tried check disk, boot rec and scan now commands in startup repair as well as startup repair itself. Is my only option left to try installing windows off a flash drive? I don’t have another computer so I was wondering how I could get that. Any would be amazing....
  6. Computer Wont boot after power outage.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wont boot after power outage.: This is an odd one. So far I have tried using the following: built in system repair options for startup repair. sfc/scannow (found integrity issues and repaired them) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (It said it found no errors) dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  7. Pc taking forever to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc taking forever to load: Hey i need help i havent used my pc in about a month now im tryibg to use it and its stuck in the sign in/ put a pin/password and it wont go to the desktop screen if i am able to put a pin it taking forever loading and stop for some reason idk what to do...
  8. Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!: I had a power outage a few days ago, and now my Windows 10 Pro has random Blue Screen problems. My system was running fine before, did the Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro no problem. I'm pretty sure the outage stopped my machine and potentially corrupted files....
  9. Windows won't boot after a power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after a power outage: Hello guys Today there was a power outage in my house while my computer was turned on. I turned on again and a BSOD with the code MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION appeared. I turned it off and turned it on and it won't boot in normal mode, it stays in a black screen. I can get into...
  10. Unable to boot after power outages

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after power outages: Sorry my first post is to ask for help, but I'm having severe problems, I'm not familiar with Win 10, and I need help. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. this morning, while I was out, my wife advise we had a bunch of power outages (10 or 12, in about 2 minutes)....