Windows 10: There was a problem booting. So I tried this. What is happening?

Discus and support There was a problem booting. So I tried this. What is happening? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xelon1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xelon1, Nov 24, 2019.

1. /u/Xelon1 Win User

There was a problem booting. So I tried this. What is happening?

/u/Xelon1, Nov 24, 2019
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Edgars Win User
    Problem at boot up

Okey, ill try to remove my oc, but its really hard to tell if it will fix the problem, because as i said it happens randomly, not on every boot up. If its my oc, what might be the problem? My pc is also new, its almost 2 months old.

Edgars, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. There was a problem booting. So I tried this. What is happening? - Similar Threads - was problem booting

2. In the "Beginning" There was the "Legacy" ASUS BIOS so what happened to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the "Beginning" There was the "Legacy" ASUS BIOS so what happened to?: I used to be able to see all the SATA information concerning the devices connected via several controller cards attached to various PCIe slots on my ASUS Deluxe Dual MB. I was advised to burn up to the latest FW version and the user attached SATA information seems to have...
  3. what happened to Microsoft it's so slow it sucks?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to Microsoft it's so slow it sucks?: so dam slow are we back in of the days of AOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-microsoft-its-so-slow-it-sucks/2e34dd7e-8e11-421c-af98-3bd0f9a28cb3
  4. what happened to Microsoft it's so slow it sucks?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to Microsoft it's so slow it sucks?: so dam slow are we back in of the days of AOL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-microsoft-its-so-slow-it-sucks/2e34dd7e-8e11-421c-af98-3bd0f9a28cb3
  5. so this happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so this happened: I went to go on my pc I type in my password then it says to many failed passcode attempts try again in two hours then I try again in two hours it lets me in then I turnoff my pc then come back 30mins later and now it says it again!!! I need someone to help me pls. submitted...
  6. So, this happened

So, this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IncludeKarma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhpzjh/so_this_happened/
  7. So this happened

So this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NetStreet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ido2up/so_this_happened/
  8. So this happened?

So this happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/parada69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqs7lh/so_this_happened/
  9. Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening: Windows Security is Top Class now so why is the Forum littered with cries for help. Ransomeware, Viruses ,Trojans . I cant understand it are they on the Internet to Hell . Where do they go as kids your told dont poke your finger in the fire you will get burnt and they do it...
  10. So I tried to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Support
    So I tried to boot from USB: I saw a tutorial to boot from USB, and installed the code on the USB. The issue is with the next step. I changed the UEFI settings and turned off secure boot, turned on boot from legacy ROM, and then turned on legacy boot mode. I got into a Linux console saying that I was...