Windows 10: “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t...

Discus and support “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, In view of the problems to reset the PC as below, please could you let me know : A) How to reset the PC (but keeping my files) using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ghusya, Jun 11, 2019.

1. ghusya Win User

“There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t...

Hello,

In view of the problems to reset the PC as below, please could you let me know :

A) How to reset the PC (but keeping my files) using a “Windows 10 installation media” DVD which I created in august 2017 using a downloaded “Media Creation Tool” from the Microsoft website (I think this DVD contains the Windows 10 ISO file of roughly 3.4Gb)?

B) If you would recommend (and how it might be useful) to use a “system repair disc” CD (“Repair Disc Windows 10 64 bit” - which I created in august 2017) in order to reinstall the system on the computer (but again keeping my files)?

C) If the above are unsuccessful, then could you suggest a good way to access the C drive on the computer in order to copy any folders that may be of use, prior to attempting a system restore using the DVDs that I burnt when I first bought the computer (which I understand will delete all my files)?

D) Could the system restore mentioned in “C” above have any advantages over using the “Windows 10 installation media” DVD mentioned in “A” above?

Here below are the problems experienced over the past 2 days (though maybe worth highlighting that the computer has not been used since around Dec 2017 due to problems such as having blackscreen with cursor at startup, hanging for ages, etc.)

11/6/2019 – The computer didn’t start up at all. It seemed to get stuck on the startup “Toshiba” screen with the dots turning. I tried to restart using the start button, and on the third restart it said “Diagnosing your PC”. After the diagnosis which took about 20 minutes, it said that the “Automatic repair” was unsuccessful, and gave bluescreen menu options which allowed me then to select "Advanced Options/Troubleshoot/Reset this PC/Keep my files". It then went to a blue screen with no text for at least 5minutes, then said “Reset this PC ... Getting things ready”. About 10 minutes later it said “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

As a result, I clicked “cancel” (as this was the only option given) and this brought me back to the bluescreen with “Choose an option: Troubleshoot”.

I then selected "Advanced Options/Troubleshoot/Advanced Options/Startup Repair", and it went to the startup Toshiba screen and said “Diagnosing your PC”. About 10 minutes later it said “Startup repair couldn’t repair your PC. Press ‘Advanced options’ to try other options to repair your PC or ‘Shutdown’ to turn off your PC.”.

I tried again "Advanced Options/Troubleshoot/Advanced Options/Startup Repair", but the result was the same.

10/6/2019 – Started up ok, giving the sea/cave picture. Then was very slow: for example when I click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, it takes maybe 1-3 minutes before the window opens allowing access to start button, etc. Then it was possible see the files on the Toshiba from the new Lenovo PC using a crossover cable (no configuration needed – as maybe it was already configured by me from around Dec 2017).

For background info, my laptop was bought in June 2015. The spec is:

- Toshiba Satellite L70-B-130 installed originally with Windows 8 (I immediately upgraded to windows 10 when I bought it).

- Intel i7-4710HQ quad-core 2.5GHz

- 8Gb RAM

- Intel HD Graphics 4600

- AMD Radeon R9 M265X (with 2Gb dedicated memory)

- It was bought in Luxembourg so settings and control panels comes up in English, and it has an Belgian azerty keyboard.

My thanks in advance for your help.

:)

ghusya, Jun 11, 2019

2. Startup repair couldn''t repair my pc BSOD error code 0xc0000221

I am getting a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) Startup repair couldn't repair my pc and when I tried to reset the pc wont repair the problems used all the troubleshooting tools which didn't work. Won't let me boot into safe mode. After I go though all the steps i get the screen Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The header checksum for this file doesn't match the computed checksum Error code 0xc0000221. You will need recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disk or or USB device) contact your administrator (which is me). I downloaded a windows 10 iso file on a dvd. How would I be able to repair this? Could I boot into dvd and reinstall windows 10 with keeping my files, or use recovery tools?

kingjames603, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 11, 2019
  4. “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t...

Startup Repair Couldn't Repair My PC

Guys please help I have a laptop and I've been having the blue screen of death recently and I don't know what's causing it. When I try to use automatic repair on advance options to fix the problem it gives me an error that startup repair couldn't repair my pc and I don't know if windows system restore can help me considering that I'm already having this issue even before I made a restore point and sfc /scannow now says it does not found any integrity violations on windows resource protection. I don't want to reformat and lose all my files and programs so please do not suggest that. The only thing that I know can cause this to my laptop could be a corrupted windows update but I don't know which one because all my programs right now on my laptop are the same on my previous laptop and none of them are causing any blue screen on my older laptop so it can't be my 3rd party programs right.? If you can help me please let me know step by step what I need to do because I'm not good with tech stuff.

“There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t... [​IMG]

dacoolmike, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

“There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t...

1. “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” & “Startup repair couldn’t... - Similar Threads - “There was problem

2. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  3. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'': I want to reset my pc its got 101 bugs but when i reset it says'''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made'' please urgently help...
  4. ''There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made''

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  6. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.: I have a Dell Inspiron 11-3168. At first I had a problem with space to reset but that is solved. Now I have a problem resetting. This happened once and then I tried to do the image repair thing on command prompt. I also tried sfc scan now on command prompt and everything was...
  7. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made:: This is what I have already tried: sfc /scannow- windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations I dont have an option to reset Pc with USB or disk on the blue screen so thats ruled out did DISM cleanup image checkhealth and that said no component...
  8. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: Hi Concerns, I got an window update on 18th of January 2019, and after updating my PC. I couldn't access my PC, it goes in repairs and fixing mode. I tired resetting the Laptop, but getting this message. Please help me in this regard....
  9. There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made

There was a problem resetting your PC - No changes were made: My computer has been running a bit slow lately, so I tried to factory reset it. It was working out well until it reached around 35%, and I got an error message saying no changes were made and reset was failed. I tried this 3 more times with similar results. Can somebody...
  10. There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made: I've been trying to reset my laptop MANY times, but it'll always tell me this "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made", I really need to reset my laptop. Any solutions out there? I watched YouTube, searched for articles regarding it, but none seemed to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were masde

2. windows phone couldnt resetting

3. problem resetting pc no changes made